So, if our events are still sitting in "SR-Submitted for Review" status, I assume they're not going to be approved?
Posted by chuckw

Hey all, as the title states. Seeing as the catalog has gone live, what's going to happen to any events that haven't been reviewed yet?

Posted by marimaccadmin

All events that were submitted on time should have had action taken on them already, whether they were activated, or returned for correction, or what have you.

Most late events have not been reviewed; they will be reviewed as time and space allows.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Posted by derekguder

Further, we continue to accept late events as long as we have the space for it.

Events are not simply left in Submitted for Review (unless you submit it right before the show or something). The status basically means "we haven't had time to look at it yet, but it's in the queue."

If we knew it wasn't going to get approved, it would Returned for Correction, Rejected, or Canceled, as appropriate.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by chuckw

Thanks for the replies. Was just trying to plan and wasn't originally aware that we'd missed the normal event cut-off deadline.

Posted by buffythecatslayer

For anyone that's submitted a late event, how long has approval been taking?

We're looking to submit an event later this week; are we likely to have it approved in time?  Better yet, with time enough for people to find it in the Event Finder?

Posted by wolfgirl94 buffythecatslayer

dkrantz152 wrote:
For anyone that's submitted a late event, how long has approval been taking?
We're looking to submit an event later this week; are we likely to have it approved in time?  Better yet, with time enough for people to find it in the Event Finder?
Im in the same boat! I went to register for events yesterday and saw that there aren't currently any Pokemon TCG events, and my friends and I would like to put together a couple. I would love to know what our chances of being approved are!

Posted by roundtop

Events can and will be allocated up until the con. If you want to do something, submit it. 

New Post Sign in to write a new post.