Badges sold out?
Posted by mhayward1978 garhkal

garhkal wrote:
True it could be mentioned else where.  I just get really irked that people 'assume cause it was mentioned on facebook, everyone must have heard'..

Companies that post critical information on Facebook that is not first posted and clearly visible on their own corporate communications sites are the worst!

Posted by mhayward1978 lord thrifty the cromulent

mstabosz wrote:The problem is that this happened unexpectedly and they wouldn't have been able to warn anyone about it.  Even if you were getting every E-Mail they sent out, by the time they sent notice of the badges selling out, it would already be too late.

Absolutely false - Gen Con saw this coming a mile away and issued lots of warnings with plenty of time to spare.

A big part of the problem is the OP didn't receive those emails.

Posted by britbrit

Gencon was issuing warnings about this a good few months before it happened. They had announcements everywhere. 

Facebook
Twitter
Email
Website
Forums
Indiana business journal
youtube

Every gaming group and blog were announcing it. I even actually saw it on the news at one point albeit briefly.

What did you want a personal phone call?  

Posted by garhkal mhayward1978

mhayward1978 wrote:
garhkal wrote:
True it could be mentioned else where.  I just get really irked that people 'assume cause it was mentioned on facebook, everyone must have heard'..

Companies that post critical information on Facebook that is not first posted and clearly visible on their own corporate communications sites are the worst!

I agree.  Thought to ME, the Worst are those sites who don't even mention on their MAIN Site "Our forums are down" NOR, while the forums were up, PRIOR to the down time", did they have a thread mentioning "Tomorrow there will be down time"...  GHHAA, i can't stand those..

Posted by lilyjade britbrit

britbrit wrote:
Gencon was issuing warnings about this a good few months before it happened. They had announcements everywhere. 
Facebook
Twitter
Email
Website
Forums
Indiana business journal
youtube
Every gaming group and blog were announcing it. I even actually saw it on the news at one point albeit briefly.
What did you want a personal phone call?  

I agree... it was everywhere. Personally I saw it on:
The main page of the Gen Con website
The official Gen Con forums
Email
Facebook (Gen Con page, multiple Gen Con groups, multiple gaming groups, news reports...)
Twitter
Television (as I am local)
Other local sources
Reddit

So I have no idea how much more they could have done. They hit every single source of information they could have. At that point, the blame can not be on the company. They have covered their bases.

Posted by cinnibar

They also sent out emails asking the exhibitors to get in their requests for volunteer badges ASAP before they sold out.

Posted by quarex

I mean, it is surprising that an exhibitor did not hear about Gen-Con selling out from his network, but if he is a mostly-off-the-grid kind of exhibitor and the update e-mail was really not reaching him, then the negativity is not justified.

Sure, you could wonder why he did not notice the e-mail was not arriving, but remember how blindsided we all were by the announcement that it even COULD sell out in the first place; none of us would have assumed we were missing that kind of update in the same situation.

Posted by glenny05

How can my father in law sell his 4 Day Badge? They won't offer a refund because its too late. We've listed on Facebook market, craigslist and letgo. Any suggestions?

Posted by austicke glenny05

glenny05 wrote:How can my father in law sell his 4 Day Badge?

He can't. Badges are non-transferable.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.
1 3