return physical badge
Posted by grymhild

Question:
-----------
I already returned my e-tickets, and I think I can mail in my event tickets for a refund, but is there ANYTHING that I can do about getting a refund or system credit on my badge or at the VERY least transferring it to someone else to use? even if it cost a service fee, that's better than wasting $137. 

---

Sigh.

I think I may cancel going to GenCon this year. :( 

I already have my physical badge and event tickets - but I really don't want to catch COVID.

I'm not scared for my own health, I'm pretty healthy and fully vacc'd, but with as many people as are going to be there, I'm worried of getting infected and then I would miss out on going on my 5 day music festival camping trip that starts right after GenCon, and we need to test negative at the gate. 

Goddess, I miss the pre-times when all I had to worry about was "con-crud" - which I barely thought about, if at all... Those were happier, if more ignorant times...

Posted by austicke

The badge refund deadline was June 17.

Posted by quarex

There were basically no reports of COVID-19 outbreaks last year, and while this current variant is worse, that was also the height of Delta-to-Omicron and the masking was clearly largely successful, not to mention vaccinations are required this year.

I am not going to shame you for not coming, but I imagine this is going to be the way it goes for years now if not forever, so I say go for it!

Posted by grymhild

While vaccinations are saving lives, sadly they don't prevent people from transmitting or catching it, and I absolutely cannot go on my camping trip if I test positive - even if I don't have symptoms.

Instead of vaccines, GenCon could have required people testing negative at the gate to get the wristbands.

Posted by grymhild austicke

austicke wrote:
The badge refund deadline was June 17.
Kinda not funny how the Health and Safety info wasn't released until more than month after the badge return deadline

Posted by austicke grymhild

grymhild wrote:Kinda not funny how the Health and Safety info wasn't released until more than month after the badge return deadline

Not true. Gen Con has been clear since badges went on sale that masks and vaccines were required. Some people thought the policy would be change, but they were mistaken.

Posted by grymhild

Then that's my bad, I should have looked closer.

​​​​​​Though my issue isn't with the mask and vaccine requirement, more that I'm frustrated that I can't get a refund on my ticket. I don't see why they can't refund badges 

I'm choosing not to go because of the risk of COVID BA.5 and another festival I want to go right after GenCon which does have a testing requirement for entry.

I wish that instead of a vaccine requirement -which won't really reduce the spread- that GenCon had a COVID testing requirement at the gate. It wouldnt have been 100%, but I think it could have reduced the risk. 

Anyway, thank you for the replies.

Posted by quarex

I mean, I see that some other conventions require negative tests, but I do not understand the logistics since someone could become positive day two and the negative test would have been meaningless.  I feel that quite personally since I tested negative and went to a big public event in March and my symptoms started the next morning.  I guess if they required showing a negative test at the same time as picking up your vaccination wristband it would probably help further reduce the risk of spread?

Posted by ladye grymhild

grymhild wrote:
Then that's my bad, I should have looked closer.
​​​​​​Though my issue isn't with the mask and vaccine requirement, more that I'm frustrated that I can't get a refund on my ticket. I don't see why they can't refund badges 
I'm choosing not to go because of the risk of COVID BA.5 and another festival I want to go right after GenCon which does have a testing requirement for entry.
I wish that instead of a vaccine requirement -which won't really reduce the spread- that GenCon had a COVID testing requirement at the gate. It wouldnt have been 100%, but I think it could have reduced the risk. 
Anyway, thank you for the replies.
If they tested everyone at the gate, that would require GenCon to be ready and willing to issue immediate refunds to anyone they turned away. Any tests before arriving on site, would likely be negated by travel, unless you drive immediately from quarantine and onto the site. I also wont shame you for your decision, but the cut off date for badge and ticket refunds was well known.

Posted by helenbb

[This post has been removed]

Posted by mikeboozer

Not debating the science anymore folks....

Mike

New Post Sign in to write a new post.