Badge Question
Posted by agentchef

Hi folks, 

This will potentially be my first time ever doing GenCon and I'm curious about the badges. When purchased, are they assigned to a specific person?

I want to buy two but i'm not sure if my wife will be able to attend all the days with me. Would I be able to bring a friend in her place with her badge?

Posted by monbo

Badges are assigned to a specific person.  I'm not sure if things are working differently this year but generally you should be able to refund the badge and rebuy it for your friend or maybe just contact customer service to have it swapped.  Either way, you have to show a photo id to pick up your badge.

Posted by mikeboozer agentchef

agentchef wrote:
Hi folks, 
This will potentially be my first time ever doing GenCon and I'm curious about the badges. When purchased, are they assigned to a specific person?
I want to buy two but i'm not sure if my wife will be able to attend all the days with me. Would I be able to bring a friend in her place with her badge?

Badges are not transferable. You can email [email protected] to get a badge refunded to system credit then use that to buy a new badge. Need you ID number next to your name and the name on the badge to be refunded

It may take a while today as it is Badge reg opening (Not your issue but letting others know)

System credit is not transferable or refundable and Never expires!

Posted by mikeboozer

If you have a badge rolled over for a person and you want a different type of badge for them you will need to email [email protected] to get a badge refunded to system credit then use that to buy a new badge in their name. No need to do that if their badge does not conflict. If you have a Friday and want a Saturday as well for instance.

Need your ID number next to your name and the name on the badge to be refunded.

System credit is not transferable or refundable and Never expires!

New Post Sign in to write a new post.