Change in event refund policy?
Posted by buffythecatslayer

• All event specific ticket refunds are subject to a 5% administrative fee for the total sum of tickets refunded. There are no exceptions. Refunds will be made back to the original form of payment.

Last year, event/generic tickets refunded to system credit prior to the mid-June cutoff did not incur the 5% fee.  Has this changed for this year?  Are all refunds now going back to the original form of payment without the system credit option?

Posted by austicke buffythecatslayer

The wording is the same as last year. I don't believe it's changed.

​​​​​​​_____________________________________
Alec Usticke, Fans of Gen Con Facebook Group

Yeah, I went back & checked the terms from last January, and it says the same thing.  At some point, IIRC, they posted the change here in the forums.  Wherever it was made or posted, I know that returns to system credit prior to the cutoff did not incur the fee (checked my return receipts from last year).  I hope they stick with that policy this year.

Posted by mikeboozer buffythecatslayer

buffythecatslayer wrote:
Yeah, I went back & checked the terms from last January, and it says the same thing.  At some point, IIRC, they posted the change here in the forums.  Wherever it was made or posted, I know that returns to system credit prior to the cutoff did not incur the fee (checked my return receipts from last year).  I hope they stick with that policy this year.

Policy is the same. If we refund them there is a 5% fee. If you refund it yourself to system credit there is none.

Ahh, OK, that's the difference.  I noticed the tickets I refunded at the Con incurred the penalty, but that was because I had to actually go to CS to get the refund, not specifically because it was after mid-June, although it has to work out that way.

The ToS should state that a bit more clearly.

buffythecatslayer wrote:
Ahh, OK, that's the difference.  I noticed the tickets I refunded at the Con incurred the penalty, but that was because I had to actually go to CS to get the refund, not specifically because it was after mid-June, although it has to work out that way.
The ToS should state that a bit more clearly.

You can find it under the entire refund policy:

https://www.gencon.com/attend/refundpolicies

• NEW FEATURE: Attendees can now return event tickets to system credit through their Gen Con account! Event tickets returned via this method can ONLY be returned for system credit and are not charged an administrative fee. (System credit is non-refundable, non-transferable and does not expire.) This is useful when an attendee wants to purchase other tickets immediately for a conflicting event.

Heh, snuck that in when I wasn't looking. :-)

buffythecatslayer wrote:
Heh, snuck that in when I wasn't looking. :-)

Yes, last year!

New Post Sign in to write a new post.