What are Convention hours for Aug 1, 2019?
Posted by awyldknght

With tickets going on sale in 20 days, I'm trying to make my flight plans. When time does the convention start on Aug first? It will depend on when I book my flight.

Posted by raidkillsbugsded awyldknght

awyldknght wrote:
With tickets going on sale in 20 days, I'm trying to make my flight plans. When time does the convention start on Aug first? It will depend on when I book my flight.

You could almost say it starts the day before, since there are free events in the late morning/afternoon and through the night (not even including off-site things)...essentially events really get going around 8 AM Thursday (though some start sooner even).  The dealer hall opens at 10 AM.  

Posted by lord thrifty the cromulent awyldknght

awyldknght wrote:

Badge pickup begins at noon on Wednesday, July 31st and runs continuously until sometime Sunday.  Although some events run in the middle of the night, nothing big really happens until about 8 AM on Thursday.  The convention hall itself is open all the time, at least during the convention.  I have never had the inclination to go there in the middle of the night at some other time of year.

You should get your tickets mailed to you though, if you cannot get there on Wednesday.  The badge pickup line is very long on Thursday morning.

Posted by kd8esu lord thrifty the cromulent

lord thrifty the cromulent wrote:
awyldknght wrote:

Badge pickup begins at noon on Wednesday, July 31st and runs continuously until sometime Sunday.  Although some events run in the middle of the night, nothing big really happens until about 8 AM on Thursday.  The convention hall itself is open all the time, at least during the convention.  I have never had the inclination to go there in the middle of the night at some other time of year.You should get your tickets mailed to you though, if you cannot get there on Wednesday.  The badge pickup line is very long on Thursday morning.

The only thing to add is going to be the dealer hall. It opens at 10 AM each day and goes until 6 PM (except Sunday, it closes at 4 PM like the Con officially does).

New Post Sign in to write a new post.