San Diego Comic Con Cancelled until 2022
Posted by hahnarama

Looks like it's time to consult the magic 8 Ball

Posted by helenbb

This is not entirely true. They are also going to hold a smaller, in-person event in November 2021.

https://www.friendsofcc.com/2021/03/01/focc-con-intel-sdcc-2021-made-virtual-in-person-event-postponed/

Posted by kar8a

This is California - they still can't seem to even open up an indoor restaurant.  Just like I don't test the winds with Florida, I don't test the winds with California, either.  I'm shocked that the Con is actually gonna hold the smaller in-person event in Nov 2021 - that's actually an awesome sign, b/c did I mention California?:)

Posted by mjlaba48

I live in Florida. Everything is open in this state. You would not even know there was the COVID except for everyone wearing masks and social distancing. We have been eating out 2x a week since last September. 
we rank around 25 th or 26 th in the country with new cases per capita even though we have the largest % of people over 65. our schools are all open and our high school sports are all taking place. We are lucky to have a governor that has protected our businesses so people could make a living. There are 1000 people a month moving to our state and the inventory of homes for sale is so small that you usually sell it the day you put it on the market.  

This is all to say that I believe Indiana by August will be more than ready for a Gencon.
There should be at least 30 to 40 thousands of us vaccinated and ready to attend.
Looking forward for an announcement to move forward.

Posted by malfakter mjlaba48

mjlaba48 wrote:
I live in Florida. Everything is open in this state. You would not even know there was the COVID except for everyone wearing masks and social distancing. We have been eating out 2x a week since last September. 
we rank around 25 th or 26 th in the country with new cases per capita even though we have the largest % of people over 65. our schools are all open and our high school sports are all taking place. We are lucky to have a governor that has protected our businesses so people could make a living. There are 1000 people a month moving to our state and the inventory of homes for sale is so small that you usually sell it the day you put it on the market.  
This is all to say that I believe Indiana by August will be more than ready for a Gencon.
There should be at least 30 to 40 thousands of us vaccinated and ready to attend.
Looking forward for an announcement to move forward.
That's awesome.  My family and I will be flying to Florida in June.  We're going to spend a week at Disney World.  We're SO ready to get away for a bit.

I live in Indianapolis and things are beginning to look a lot like Florida, finally.  Most people are still wearing masks, social distancing and being cautious.  Our Covid numbers are continuing to fall and we're vaccinating tens of thousands of people every day.  I, too, believe that by August, Gen Con will be able to be held safely.

Posted by mjlaba48

We are DVC members..went for a week last June. It was great with much smaller crowds.  Have a great time.  So ready for GenCon in August. 

Posted by rayken

[This post has been removed]

Posted by technoir

California has much stricter restrictions than the midwest. Cali is one of the largest places for the virus now. 

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.