Event Messages
Posted by sam7001

Just wanted to say I really like the event messages feature. It's a great and easy way to coordinate before the event AND follow-up and reconnect after.

Posted by cmegus sam7001

sam7001 wrote:
Just wanted to say I really like the event messages feature. It's a great and easy way to coordinate before the event AND follow-up and reconnect after.

I couldn’t agree more. This needs to be a thing going forward every year.

G

Posted by nascragman

If I send my players an individual message from the Tickets page, is that just a message here on GenCon.com or does it generate an email?

Posted by narzat nascragman

nascragman wrote:
If I send my players an individual message from the Tickets page, is that just a message here on GenCon.com or does it generate an email?
it generates an email when the system is working properly, as well as leaving a message on the event/ticket page.  Worked fine for the events I had this year, but I heard there were some hiccups elsewhere.  More details on the tool can be found at this url, about halfway down: https://www.gencon.com/host/events-how-eo

Posted by austicke nascragman

nascragman wrote:If I send my players an individual message from the Tickets page, is that just a message here on GenCon.com or does it generate an email?

It generates an email unless they've unsubscribed. Unlike these forums, it defaults to subscribed if they registered for the event.

​​​​​​​_____________________________________
Alec Usticke, Fans of Gen Con Facebook Group

Posted by msteinbo

My feedback to GC on messages was great base, wish we had a way to identify and communicate with players who wish listed and event but didn’t get in.  When a ticket is returned would be awesome if we could notify those people a seat is available.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.