Any announced road construction for this year's event?
Posted by deadsaidfred

Given my 7:30pm lottery time, I'm starting to search for hotels as a safety net in case I can't get closer between now and the start of the con.  Over the last couple of years, there has been announced road construction coinciding with the convention - just wondering if anyone has hear anything yet so I know to focus on one area over others...

Thanks!

Posted by aldctjoc

Keep an eye on https://www.in.gov/indot/2371.htm. And closer to the con: http://indot.carsprogram.org/#roadReports. That last is what I use in the days leading up to Gen Con. But yes, it doesn't help you with the housing issue tomorrow, I'm afraid. The first link may, though.

Posted by deadsaidfred

Thanks very much.

Posted by gib_rebeg

Yes, and the way it sounds, it could be almost as bad as last year.

Posted by komoridarkclaw

I don't know about announced, but this might cause some issues, considering how burned out the bridge appears to be O.o

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/local/indianapolis/2020/02/20/indianapolis-traffic-tanker-fire-i-465-i-70/4821431002/

Posted by kirbith

The bridge was already opened earlier this morning actually! It definitely caused some cosmetic damage but the bridge is structurally okay. So I wouldn't worry about any issues from that ramp.

Posted by kirbith

INDOT released the planned construction schedule for the interstates this year.

https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/INDOT/bulletins/27cd97a

Posted by traveller

The thing to remember about midwest road construction projects is that they only close the roads on days that end in 'Y' and projects are only during the months that start on the first.

Posted by msteinbo

Announcement on road construction

Posted by maijstral2

Looks like everything will be open during Gencon and the Monday after everything shuts down. I hope this is accurate since I have an airport hotel and I'm not spending an hour plus a day in traffic to get to and from the convention.

Posted by nascragman maijstral2

bobvilla wrote:
Looks like everything will be open during Gencon and the Monday after everything shuts down. I hope this is accurate since I have an airport hotel and I'm not spending an hour plus a day in traffic to get to and from the convention.

Great News!

Posted by gib_rebeg nascragman

nascragman wrote:
bobvilla wrote:

Great News!

Celebrate now. But we all know there is more coming. The I70/65 work is ongoing. As well as DT road work south of Lucas. As well as prep. work on the mew Mega hotels site, which should be starting this year.

Posted by maijstral2 gib_rebeg

gib_rebeg wrote:
nascragman wrote:
bobvilla wrote:

Great News!
Celebrate now. But we all know there is more coming. The I70/65 work is ongoing. As well as DT road work south of Lucas. As well as prep. work on the mew Mega hotels site, which should be starting this year.
I read the road report linked above and if its accurate we should be good...except southport. Southport used to be my go to if I couldn't get a hotel room though the block and it still would be but according to the report the southport bridge will be shut down during the convention and I have no idea how that will effect traffic to and from the hotels right there.  About 4 years back they shut down one of the bridges, late at night, on the route from the convention to the my hotel at southport and it took two hours for that 7 mile trip. I did not know it would be shut down and I did not know indy enough to know of an alternate route. Fortunately it was only one night but now I'm gun shy of any construction between an outlying hotel and the convention center.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.