Housing Lottery?
Posted by hariustrk

So I read the hotels guide and it doesn't mention a Lottery this year. I'm i not understanding things? I assumed the lottery was still in place, but the way the guide reads, hotel rooms will just go on sale

Attendee group housing registration will open at noon (Eastern) on February 9, 2020 (“opening day”). Starting on that day, attendees can visit the online Gen Con housing portal to review guest room inventory and request a room assignment. The link to access the housing portal is located on the “My Housing” page within each attendee’s Gen Con account. After a room assignment request has been submitted, the online system will process the request and email the room assignment acknowledgment to the attendee email address provided.

Posted by austicke

It's the same as last year. You'll get a randomly selected time to join the housing portal on that Sunday.

Posted by wolverine789

Do they notify us of when our time will be prior to Sunday?

Posted by austicke wolverine789

wolverine789 wrote:Do they notify us of when our time will be prior to Sunday?

Yes, on Saturday like usual.

​​​​​​​_____________________________________
Alec Usticke, Fans of Gen Con Facebook Group

Posted by komoridarkclaw

They sent out an email newsletter with this information on it yesterday (Feb 6th), so check your email or sign up for the newsletter too.

Basics:

Buy a badge by tonight (Feb 7)

They will email every badge holder (so if you buy 3 tickets for your friends on your account, only you will get the email) tomorrow morning (Feb 8) with your portal time.

Sunday Feb 9th: Once your time is available, you can go to the housing portal and search. You can continue to search from your given time onward, so you aren't limited to 10 minutes from 12:45-12:55 or whatever.

~Komori

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.