Hotel Housing Clarification
Posted by susansedai

So at first reading through the housing manifesto, it seems the time lottery has disappeared and you just get your bespoke link, but further down it mentions times.

Which is it?

Attendees desiring rooms in the Gen Con housing block must first purchase badges through Gen Con’s badge registration system. Upon purchase, Gen Con’s registration system will create unique links for housing registration and activate the links when housing registration opens. The housing registration links will be located on the “My Housing” page of the Gen Con account.

and
Scheduled access to the housing portal is required to distribute initial opening server demand, eliminating housing registration "time outs" and system crashes. When housing registration opens, attendees who have purchased badges will be tallied and randomly assigned housing registration access times, after which they can use their “Request Room” links to visit the online housing portal to request specific room assignments.After the randomized scheduling occurs, a countdown timer for your unique access time will appear on the “My Housing” page of your Gen Con account. Attendees should be aware that access to the online housing portal will be spread out over many hours, the duration of which depends on how many customers are queued for access.

Posted by mikeboozer

The second more accurately explains the process.
Links are there but activated in a timed way.

Posted by susansedai

Thank you!

Posted by dlkinghorn

I had a question about hotel reservations. The guide says that hotel reservations must include 3 consecutive DATES and Saturday the 1st. Does this mean that Friday-Sunday would be sufficient or did they mean to say 3 consecutive NIGHTS? Hotels are normally talked about in terms of NIGHTS not DATES so I was just looking for clarification. 

Posted by mikeboozer dlkinghorn

dlkinghorn wrote:
I had a question about hotel reservations. The guide says that hotel reservations must include 3 consecutive DATES and Saturday the 1st. Does this mean that Friday-Sunday would be sufficient or did they mean to say 3 consecutive NIGHTS? Hotels are normally talked about in terms of NIGHTS not DATES so I was just looking for clarification. 

It means three night of which Saturday the 1st needs to be one.

Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Mamager
Gen Con LLC

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.