First Exposure Hall 2020
Posted by cjmenart

It might simply be because it's too early, but I haven't seen any information about the First Exposure Hall in GenCon 2020. Does anyone know if they are doing it again this coming year?

Posted by marimaccadmin

Hi there,

Yes, absolutely it will be there; I'm sure information will be up on the website shortly.

Marian McBrine
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by a2ndchapter

https://www.gencon.com/experience/2020feph has information on First Exposure.

Posted by ackernackt

1st time going to Gen Con.  Do you have to sign up for the First Exposure Hall or are they just drop in events?  Do they require generic tickets?  I read through the First Exposure page and I couldn't confirm that information.  Thanks!

Posted by qwaserity

Ackermackt,

The playtest hall is free (actually the game designers pay for your play time). You do want to reserve a spot as those folks get first pick but there is plenty of games to chose from.

Posted by cjmenart

Hey guys,

Submitted my application to FEPH in January, but still haven't heard anything as far as I can tell. Should I be worried? Has anyone else heard back? It's been more than 7-10 business days but it seems easy for something like this to get held up.

Posted by buffythecatslayer ackernackt

ackernackt wrote:1st time going to Gen Con.  Do you have to sign up for the First Exposure Hall or are they just drop in events?  Do they require generic tickets?  I read through the First Exposure page and I couldn't confirm that information.  Thanks!

You get a ticket for the event, but the tickets are free.  Depending on the time, you can just show up and they will often have some open spots, but ticket holders get assigned to games first.  The event runs from like 10am to 10pm every day except Sunday, every 2 hours, so there are plenty of sessions to attend.

Just A suggestion for people that want to test a friend’s game, do it outside the FEPH.  Let them use the event to get feedback from strangers, then grab an empty table with them at some point and play their game.

Posted by qwaserity

I demoed in the FEPH last year and they start at 8 which is great because you can demo a game before the dealer's hall opens. I think they close at midnight as I remember running 8-10 on Thursday and Friday and seeing folks get into games as I left (smaller number of games though). On Sunday they start at 8 and go until 2 (hall closes at 4).

Posted by dominiclewis cjmenart

cjmenart wrote:
Hey guys,
Submitted my application to FEPH in January, but still haven't heard anything as far as I can tell. Should I be worried? Has anyone else heard back? It's been more than 7-10 business days but it seems easy for something like this to get held up.

You haven't missed anything yet. We will begin reviewing FEPH applications and sending out sales orders by the end of Feb. 

Dominic Lewis
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Posted by nascragman

in the age of COVID 19 a "First exposure" hall might need a renaming.  just a thought

Posted by quantumpotato

Will FEPH be part of the online?

Posted by dominiclewis quantumpotato

quantumpotato wrote:
Will FEPH be part of the online?
We are looking into ways to incorporate FEPH, and we hope to have information to share soon. Keep an eye on our website for more programs and announcements on ways to get involved in Gen Con Online, and/or sign up for the EO/GM newsletter to stay up to date.

Dominic Lewis
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.