Clarksville, TN to Gen Con on Wed - one way
Posted by buffythecatslayer

I will be driving from Clarksville Tennessee to Indy Wednesday morning, leaving around 9am, arriving around 1pm.  I can take 3 people (4 if you're skinny and don't mind a bit of a squeeze in the back seat).  I can pick up within a 30 minute radius of Clarksville, or anywhere along the route.  The ride is free, as I'm already paying for the trip & car for myself.

Note that this is a one-way trip; I will not be driving back.

Respond here or PM me if interested.

Posted by afbratt1

If I didn't already have my flight booked and planning on meeting up with old friends in my layover location, I'd be interested as I live in Clarksville as well

I've changed my itinerary, and now will be driving from Clarksville to Indy Tuesday (7/30) night, instead of Wed morning.  I'll be leaving around 8pm Tuesday, and arriving in Indy around 1am.  It's still a one-way trip.

Posted by indyfoodguy

Obviously super kind of you to offer a ride to folks who may need one, but do people really plan and pay for a trip 250 miles away without a way to actually get there? Real interested in hearing from those folks.

Posted by buffythecatslayer indyfoodguy

indyfoodguy wrote:Obviously super kind of you to offer a ride to folks who may need one, but do people really plan and pay for a trip 250 miles away without a way to actually get there? Real interested in hearing from those folks.

There might be people that could use a free one-way ride, and only have to pay for the return trip.

Posted by quarex

One of the earlier years I attended Gen-Con, my recent ex- showed up at Gen Con with someone who had bought a badge on a whim despite having no car and no money for any other way to get there (nor a hotel).  Some people really are just so amazingly bad at logistics that this offer would be a lifesaver ... then, of course, it would be amazing to see how they got home.  If they got home.

They can just stay in Indy until Gen Con 2020.

Posted by quarex

That is some Galaxy Brain thinking right there.

I almost got a job in Indianapolis last year, and though it did not end up working out, I did briefly lament the lack of a Gen-Con roadtrip if I actually moved there.  Maybe I could have gotten a side job driving irresponsible people home from Indianapolis

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.