Possible Downtown Hotel Inventory
Posted by hendelbolaf

Please let me know if this is not an appropriate post and remove or edit it as needed, but I mentioned this on the Facebook page as well.

I was lucky to get my preferred hotel and the preferred rates via the housing portal, so I have inventory that will need to go back and since double rooms are in high demand, I thought I would post this for informational purposes. These were all booked directly and not through Gen Con.

I have Wednesday through Saturday at the Courtyard by Marriott Downtown (next to the Fairfield, behind the JW Marriott) with two queens and a sofa bed for a total of $2,253.42 and I have Tuesday through Sunday at The Westin with two doubles for $2,664.27. I need to release the Westin by tonight but I have longer for the Courtyard (like up until July 28th or something).

I do not know what happens when I release them and if they are immediately available or not for folks who want to make changes. I could maybe work out something else, but I am not sure how that would work. I am not trying to make anything on these, just inform people that there may be some inventory back on the market.

Good luck and see you in Indy!

Posted by cman811

Since those rooms are out of block when you cancel them they won't show up in the gencon housing portal.  

Posted by mikeboozer cman811

cman811 wrote:
Since those rooms are out of block when you cancel them they won't show up in the gencon housing portal.  

Confirmed: If you booked out of block those rooms would not be included in the portal.

Posted by susansedai

If you dont need the marriot i would love to take it off your hands. You can call the hotel and just change the name on it to mine.

edit: i noticed it was only through saturday correct? Id still take it

Posted by nomad

if it is the Westin you want to get rid of, I would gladly take it off your hands.  same as above, I would put my name and CC info in place of yours

Posted by hendelbolaf

If Susansedai and Nomad want to send me a message, I will arrange this for you if possible.

Is there a private message function on these forums?

If not, I will post a way for you to contact me.

Thanks!
Mike

Posted by brooks hendelbolaf

hendelbolaf wrote:
If Susansedai and Nomad want to send me a message, I will arrange this for you if possible.
Thanks!
Mike

Mouse over your name in the upper right-hand corner of the screen and click "My Messages" from the menu. 

Posted by roderick hendelbolaf

hendelbolaf wrote:
Thanks!
Mike

Yes there is:

Copy the address you want to send to.
Then put your cursor on your name on the top menu bar, and select "My Messages".

Posted by susansedai

I sent you a message already :)

Posted by stannis

And once again the mantra of "we save some downtown rooms until late into the day" continues to be proven laughably false. 7 people in our group, 3 of us had 2:27, 3:09 and 3:32. Nothing downtown.

SMH.

Posted by technoir stannis

stannis wrote:
And once again the mantra of "we save some downtown rooms until late into the day" continues to be proven laughably false. 7 people in our group, 3 of us had 2:27, 3:09 and 3:32. Nothing downtown.
SMH.

I didn't even know they said that

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.