D&D 5E All Weekend
Posted by lead suit

I was super late grabbing my ticket and I've found there aren't many games available. 
I'm thinking my options now are play in the few games I can find or DM. I've always loved
the idea of playing all weekend with the same group through a mini campaign. Last year 
there was a huge conference room in the JW Marriott that I thought looked great for playing
in. I know this is a last ditch effort but I was thinking about DM-ing each day for 4 hours
(generic tickets would be required bc gen con polices the whole time) and we play threw a 
small campaign I have in mind. If no one is interested I'll figure something else out. Also open
to playing in a similar type of game if someone already posted something like this.  

Posted by buffythecatslayer

There are still plenty of events with openings, and starting Wednesday, a lot more will open as people get onsite and return tickets.

Unless the games you plan to DM are actually registered as Gen Con events not only do you not need to collect generic tickets, doing so violates Gen Con policy.  You are free to play as many pickup games as you want, and there’s no charge.

Posted by jtoddcoleman

don't want to get in the way of policy, but as another last minute attendee, the list of 5e events open is pretty sparse.  is there some way for last minute attendees to find or run games (as this thread suggests?)  you mentioned pick up games; is there a forum for that, to connect potential players with potential GMs?

Posted by braewe

I've seen mention of tweets and such, but as for running a pickup game, here is what you do:

Go to a GM HQ near where you want to play, such as the JW Marriott. Explain you'd like a place to play for 4 hours(or however long) for 7 people(or however many) and they check their schedule for where there may be an empty table, assign it to you, and there you go. Obviously this will be easier during less busy times. Otherwise if you just claim a table for yourself you may find a scheduled group coming in midway and oust you. Or if you try claiming a conference room the JW may evict you. They may not, but why not just do the actual way?

You might also head to Baldman games with generics in hand and see what you can slip into. They are very good about trying to seat generics, plus, you always get a few noshows.

Posted by jtoddcoleman

that's great info - thanks!

Posted by lead suit

I submitted 4 events just now. I've got a four part adventure I'm going to run if it gets accepted in time.
Siege of Castle Rend is the title. Are you planning on running anything jtoddcoleman?

Posted by buffythecatslayer

Highly unlikely your events will get in 3 days before.  Derek posted a while ago that only a limited number of events submitted after the close date would get in.

Posted by jtoddcoleman

not sure lead suit, my plan now is to come prepared for anything. if we have a window where we can't find something to jump into, I'll ask GM HQ if there is a table where I can prop up a GM screen. ;p 

Posted by silverf0xx

If you have generics, the Baldman Games crew will find you a spot to play in one of their adventures. Tey will do everything they can to seat everyone including generic ticket holders.

Also, if you are looking to run games, Baldman Games is always looking for new and talented DMs. Talk to them at HQ about maybe picking up a slot to DM. 
You can become one of us.
One of us.
One of us.

Posted by jtoddcoleman

I could do that, is there someone to contact at baldman before the con?  easier if I have some idea what I'm going to be running.

Posted by silverf0xx

You can go here: http://heraldsguild.com/gen-con-2019/ and put in your info for volunteering. I would also go to the Baldman Games Facebook page and send them a message to let them know you are interested.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.