Vow Ceremony
Posted by andrewj.rager

Hey all,

I was just browsing the events and I couldn't find that event where couples can re exchange their vows. Anyone know if that is happening again? Just days after Gen Con is my Wife's and I's 5th anniversary. Would love to do something special.

Posted by monkeydragon

Mazel tov

Posted by andrewj.rager monkeydragon

Thank you very much.

Posted by andrewj.rager

Does anyone have any info on the wedding / vow exchange ceremony that Gen Con usually has? I can't find it anywhere in the events.

Thanks,

Posted by xcoconutmonkey06x

I am actually interested in this as well

Posted by kidlidar

Congrats, my wife and I just had our 19th.  I've never heard of what you're talking about though.

Posted by quarex

Huh, I was going to say I did not realize this was a thing, but this article (https://eu.indystar.com/story/life/2017/08/18/vows-protect-against-dark-side-gen-con-couples-wed/577691001/) certainly makes it sound like that guy did lots of them in 2017 and presumably it was a normal thing for him... so maybe that is exactly what happens every year?  Or maybe because that was the 50th anniversary it organically became a thing?

Posted by austicke

The Very Vocal Viking did it the past two years, but I don’t see it on the schedule this year.

Posted by willandbeyond

Kinda related: https://www.reddit.com/r/gencon/comments/cas3wk/games_marriage/

Posted by monkeydragon

Okay, so here's the deal.  I held off suggesting this, because I figured someone would find an official thing at some point, but it appears that an official thing has not been found.

I am the founder and High Priest of the Bread of Life Secular Church.  (You can find us on facebook!)  We are tiny and small and informal, but the Church has tenets, and I have three priests under me, and one of them has already performed a wedding, so I figure I'm due to get cantrips any time now.

My schedule this year is VERY busy, but there are a few chunks of time here and there that I could meet up.  So, if you want, and don't mind a very informally dressed cleric, I can bless your marriage.  I can also technically officiate your marriage, officially, but the paperwork with that can get dicey.  (Diecey!  geddit?)

My Church is about sharing food and not being a jerk, mostly.  It's open to all people, including those who already practice other religions.  As long as you're into eating food and not being a jerk.  I guess just say something here, and if there's interest, we can figure out the best way to get in touch.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.