Allow us to add sold-out events to Wishlist
Posted by buffythecatslayer

Please add the ability to add events that are currently sold-out to our wishlists.  This makes it much easier to track if tickets become available for the events, instead of having to go to keep a separate, off-line list, and go to each event individually to check availability.  

Posted by david campbell

I second this; great idea!

Posted by lachinois

I think it would actually be detrimental to your efforts. What you really want is to make it as difficult and as tedious as possible so as to deter almost everyone from trying to find if events have some free space. 

That way, only the most determined people will actually find them. 

By making it easier, you will actually have less chance of purchasing them.

Posted by cmegus lachinois

lachinois wrote:
I think it would actually be detrimental to your efforts. What you really want is to make it as difficult and as tedious as possible so as to deter almost everyone from trying to find if events have some free space. 
That way, only the most determined people will actually find them. 
By making it easier, you will actually have less chance of purchasing them.

I concur.

G

Posted by derekguder

Unfortunately, the wishlist was only really designed or intended to be used for the initial opening of event registration.

It's not set up to be a continuing watch list, honestly.

We know some folks use it as such, but it's not something we can really support right now.

-
Derek Guder
Senior Event & Program Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by david campbell derekguder

derekguder wrote:
Unfortunately, the wishlist was only really designed or intended to be used for the initial opening of event registration.
It's not set up to be a continuing watch list, honestly.
We know some folks use it as such, but it's not something we can really support right now.
-
Derek Guder
Senior Event & Program Manager
Gen Con LLC

That makes sense; appreciate the response. Maybe put THAT on a wishlist?

And for saying it would be better to keep things difficult as possible so it would be easier for more determined folks to find what they want? I've got no problem with a level playing field. It's too bad not everyone does.

Posted by freebiegrabber

THIS!  What buffythecatslayer said!

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.