Lost bags!
Posted by john welker

I lost my laptop bag, tablet, GenCon badge, and a small bumblebee backpack full of souvenirs and gifts. Last day of the convention. Left outside.

Posted by mvotruba

John,

I would contact Gen Con customer service.  Maybe someone returned it, especially if you had your badge with it.  I would also contact the convention hall lost & found. (I think the info for one or both may be in the program book...Gen Con has a policy/procedure for lost & found.

I know there's a good chance it's just gone, but there are also honest gamers out there that would do the right thing.

For example, this Saturday of Gen Con, my daughter and I were resting near a Magic: The Gathering event.  Someone left a zippered 3 ring binder on a nearby table.   I picked it up and gave it to the MTG registration booth nearby.  I didn't open it.  I just assumed whoever left it would want it back.  I'm hoping a similar thing happens to you.

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your items.  I hope things work out for you.

Posted by maijstral2

2 years ago I lost my badge with my tickets in the holder late night Friday, Saturday morning when I checked it had been turned into the customer service room (116 I think). This year I found someones iphone just laying in the middle of the floor I turned it into the con. In general I think were a pretty honest con so fairly good chance it was turned in.

Posted by nikas zekeval maijstral2

bobvilla wrote:
2 years ago I lost my badge with my tickets in the holder late night Friday, Saturday morning when I checked it had been turned into the customer service room (116 I think). This year I found someones iphone just laying in the middle of the floor I turned it into the con. In general I think were a pretty honest con so fairly good chance it was turned in.

I was in there Friday night, trying to find a "lost" ticket (turned out that event was an e-ticket), and one of the guys there mentioned while we were chatting that Gencon restored his faith in humanity. Because one of the things turn is was a wallet, with about $600 cash still in it.

Posted by mvotruba

John,

I know it's only been a couple days, but have you tried to contact the lost and found through Gen Con or the convention center?  Perhaps someone who found it has contacted you? Any updates?

I'm hoping for another happy ending here.

Posted by john welker

I just got a call today from an anonymous hero! They will be mailing me my bags! if you called me today please identify yourself you you can collect your Hero Points!

Posted by mvotruba

John,

OH my, that is WONDERFUL news!  I'm so glad you're getting your stuff back!!!  Another happy ending story and more proof that Gen Con folks tend to be a good group.

Thank you for letting us know.

@Anonymous Hero:  SUPER COOL of you!  Kudos.

Posted by monkeydragon

Hurray! 

Posted by garhkal

Nice.. Surprised the Laptop/tablet didn't get jacked..

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.