Wednesday
Posted by djc6535

Hello Everybody,
   What is Wednesday like?  I see there are lots of events but as I understand it the floor is closed right?  I hear that there's a beer garden outside?  

What time would you advise I get to downtown Indy on Wednesday and what would you suggest I do when I'm there?

Posted by andrewj.rager

We get to our DT hotel early afternoon, unpack and hit the ICC for badges, tickets, coupon books, and programs.

Then I suggest walking around and finding the rooms your events are being held in as its much easier to do on Wednesday and you aren't trying to figure it out last minute.

Then just walk around and see what others are doing. Lots of open gaming is happening all over. You might be able to join in.

Check out the beer garden and food trucks outside on Georgia St. for fun.

Finally go back to your hotel at a reasonable time and get a good nights rest.

Posted by djc6535

So you can walk around the convention center on Wednesday?  I'm guessing the main hall is closed off but it sounds like the ballrooms / event rooms are open?

Posted by roderick

Of the scheduled events on Wednesday:

Trade Day events (TRD) take place in the JW Marriott. 

Almost all games take place in the Union Station. 

A few events will be going on in various pother locations. 

The ICC is open, but nothing is happening there except setup.

Posted by djc6535 roderick

roderick wrote:
Of the scheduled events on Wednesday:
Trade Day events (TRD) take place in the JW Marriott. 
Almost all games take place in the Union Station. 
A few events will be going on in various pother locations. 
The ICC is open, but nothing is happening there except setup.

Well there are some events at the ICC.  For example:

https://www.gencon.com/events/152883

Posted by andrewj.rager

The actual rooms may not be open but all of the corridors are accessible and most things are marked well. You cannot get into the Exhibit hall, and I'm not sure if you are supposed to be able to get into the event hall, but I have before.

Posted by jerrytel

If you have items to sell in the auction (and registered on the https://livegameauctions.com/ site), you can drop those off and pay your fees on Wednesday from noon until 6pm.

Posted by mumsnarf

If you have items to sell in the auction (and registered on the https://livegameauctions.com/ site), you can drop those off and pay your fees on Wednesday from noon until 6pm.

Do you need to have your badge on hand to drop off and pay fees? I won't be getting to the hall until around 5 and my badge is at willcall. It would be nice if I could drop them off Wednesday.

Posted by jerrytel

If you do not have your badge, a receipt proving that you have a badge purchased/assigned for 2019 is generally accepted on Wednesday (knowing the lines are long and some have not been able to get their badges yet).

Posted by rhone1

There are lots of people playing pick up games at local hotels on Wednesday.  Grab your dice and make the rounds.  Depending what time you arrive head over to The RAM as they also have games going on.

Also...walk the convention, take in the pre-Con sights and smells, get acclimated and get ready for a great Con!

Posted by kevinrg

If you get to the auction drop off past 5, you might want to drop off the next day unless you just have a couple of things.   Gets pretty slammed late and takes a bit of time.  Unfortunately I believe they have a hard close time of 6 due to con rules.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.