I need 2 badges
Posted by geg551

Will only let me purchase 1 badge. Need 2.

Posted by cman811

Make an account for the other person, add them to your friends list.  Buy badge.  

Posted by selene314

After you select the badge type, you can click on "someone else" and enter the recipient's information.

You cannot buy a badge without specifying who it is for. 

Posted by geg551

Ok, but when it gets to their email address that is not necessary information. I am paying. 

Posted by geg551

Ok, but when it gets to their email address that is not necessary information. I am paying.  If you need a name for the reprinted badge I will give it.

Posted by rong

You do not need to enter an e-mail address. Select "someone else", then select "don't know". It will give you a place to enter their name.

Posted by selene314 rong

An email address is necessary in order to create a Gen Con account.
Having a Gen Con account is necessary in order to purchase event tickets.

rong wrote:
You do not need to enter an e-mail address. Select "someone else", then select "don't know". It will give you a place to enter their name.

Doing it this way creates a child account linked to the purchaser's account. The child will not be able to link the badge to their own account, and so will not be able to buy event tickets.

Posted by hendelbolaf

You may want to contact Gen Con customer service.

I think you can go the route mentioned where you just enter a name. It added a 4 day badge for $110 to my cart when I tried that a moment ago. It does not appear to be a child's ticket.

Also, you can always get all of the event tickets under your badge by getting one for you and then one for anybody listed under your friends and family or just "get another ticket" that is really not assigned to anyone, so that should not be an issue.

Either way you have until May when the events become available to work out the issue.

When in doubt, contact the Gen Con folks and they will set you on the right path.

Posted by buffythecatslayer geg551

geg551 wrote:Ok, but when it gets to their email address that is not necessary information. I am paying.  If you need a name for the reprinted badge I will give it.

You actually don't get to decide what is "necessary information", Gen Con does.  They can set whatever attendee policies they want.  If they required an email, then you'd have to provide one.  Fortunately, they don't seem to need one, so you should be OK, but they definitely need a name, since those go on the badge.  Since the other person won't have an account, then yes, you will have to buy all the event tickets, but since you're paying for the badge already, that doesn't seem likely to be a problem.

Posted by mikeboozer

We require you to have the correct name on each individual badge.

You can have them create and account and then link to it which is recommended to buy the badge.

or

For children you can create a "dummy" account. Clicking one "Someone Else" and then "Don't Know"
This account would have no login or password and cannot be used to purchase any tickets or badges.

Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by geg551

Thank you.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.