VIG notification
Posted by lemauxjw

Will there be an email or a post to the forum letting everyone know when the new VIG notifications go out?   First year I’ve applied for it and I wasn’t sure how the process went.  

Posted by ainya

not sure if it’s a single or multi round invite, but i received my email notification just before christmas.  fwiw if you don’t get in you don’t get anything, i had many years of no emails.

Posted by sockarang

You will not get an e-mail if you were not selected. 

The first round of people selected have been notified by this time. 

There is still a possible second (albeit smaller) round that may happen. This would be triggered if any returning VIGer does not renew for 2019. From my understanding there is always a small batch that open up due to this, but this year it might be slightly bigger since the "early exhibit hall access" was taken away. 

Posted by mikeboozer sockarang

sockarang wrote:
You will not get an e-mail if you were not selected. 
The first round of people selected have been notified by this time. 
There is still a possible second (albeit smaller) round that may happen. This would be triggered if any returning VIGer does not renew for 2019. From my understanding there is always a small batch that open up due to this, but this year it might be slightly bigger since the "early exhibit hall access" was taken away. 

Emails have been sent out to those selected, and yes there will be more sent out if returning VIG's do not renew by January 20 at 11:59 AM EST.

Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team Manager 
Gen Con LLC

Posted by frankleinbach

So we may still receive a VIG invitation up to January 20, if we entered into the lottery, even if we haven't yet received one? 

If we purchase a badge before then (on January 13) and are given that opportunity, do we then refund the original badges or is that just deducted from the VIG badge price?

Posted by austicke frankleinbach

frankleinbach wrote:So we may still receive a VIG invitation up to January 20, if we entered into the lottery, even if we haven't yet received one?

Yes, or shortly thereafter.
If we purchase a badge before then (on January 13) and are given that opportunity, do we then refund the original badges or is that just deducted from the VIG badge price?

You'll need to refund your other badge.

​​​​_____________________________________
Alec Usticke, Fans of Gen Con Facebook Group

Posted by mikeboozer frankleinbach

frankleinbach wrote:
So we may still receive a VIG invitation up to January 20, if we entered into the lottery, even if we haven't yet received one? 

Yes, if returning VIG's do not renew by January 20 at noon we will fill those slots with new VIG's. Potential new VIG's will have invitations sent to them between now and the 20th.

If you do purchase a regular attendee badge we will refund it. 

Mike Boozer
Customer Service & Event Team  Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by buffythecatslayer frankleinbach

frankleinbach wrote:

You're probably just better off waiting the week to purchase a regular badge, to see if you get into VIG or not..  4-day badges are available until at least June, don't need to rush to get them on day one, then possibly go through the refund process.

Posted by captain 10beers

Is there a fee for a badge refund?

Posted by mikeboozer buffythecatslayer

buffythecatslayer wrote:
frankleinbach wrote:

You're probably just better off waiting the week to purchase a regular badge, to see if you get into VIG or not..  4-day badges are available until at least June, don't need to rush to get them on day one, then possibly go through the refund process.

Very true!

Posted by mikeboozer captain 10beers

captain 10beers wrote:
Is there a fee for a badge refund?

There is a $10 return fee for a badge refund, however the fee is waived if you're getting getting another badge.

Mike Boozer
Gen Con LLC

Posted by moosesounds

Did the second round go out yet?

Posted by rong

Yes.

Posted by mikeboozer

Everyone who was selected has been informed.To enter the random selection process for the 2020 show please send your Gen Con ID number, name, and the email associated with that account between November 15 and December 8, 2019 to [email protected] and we will enter you into the random selection process. You must have a Gen Con account to enter. You must be 18 years old to purchase a VIG package.We will be conducting the random selection in early January of 2020.You will be contacted if you are selected with further instructions at that time. Separate accounts must send their information via their account only. We will not accept multiple accounts sent via a single email. Account holder must be 18 years old to purchase a VIG package.

Mike Boozer
Gen Con LLC

Posted by mikeboozer mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
Everyone who was selected has been informed.
To enter the random selection process for the 2020 show please send your Gen Con ID number, name, and the email associated with that account between November 15 and December 8, 2019 to [email protected] and we will enter you into the random selection process.

You must have a Gen Con account to enter. You must be 18 years old to purchase a VIG package.We will be conducting the random selection in early January of 2020.

You will be contacted if you are selected with further instructions at that time. 

Separate accounts must send their information via their account only. We will not accept multiple accounts sent via a single email. Account holder must be 18 years old to purchase a VIG package.

Mike Boozer
Gen Con LLC

Posted by squirecam mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
Everyone who was selected has been informed.To enter the random selection process for the 2020 show please send your Gen Con ID number, name, and the email associated with that account between November 15 and December 8, 2019 to [email protected] and we will enter you into the random selection process. You must have a Gen Con account to enter. You must be 18 years old to purchase a VIG package.We will be conducting the random selection in early January of 2020.You will be contacted if you are selected with further instructions at that time. Separate accounts must send their information via their account only. We will not accept multiple accounts sent via a single email. Account holder must be 18 years old to purchase a VIG package.
Mike Boozer
Gen Con LLC
too early for this?

Posted by mikeboozer squirecam

squirecam wrote:
mikeboozer wrote:
Mike Boozer
Gen Con LLC
too early for this?

Too early to let people know that they can re-apply this coming November 15 - December 8?

I think not, put it on your calendar!

Posted by indynat

I'm buying my son's badge this year (when he's 17).  He'll be 18 later this year.  What's the best way for him to enter but for me to pay for it (whether or not he gets VIG).  Thanks!

Posted by mikeboozer indynat

indynat wrote:
I'm buying my son's badge this year (when he's 17).  He'll be 18 later this year.  What's the best way for him to enter but for me to pay for it (whether or not he gets VIG).  Thanks!

Have him create an account. Send that information in for the random selection. If he is selected you get access into that account to pay for it. 

This would be for next year since this years is sold out.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.