Any information on 2017 VIG availability?
Posted by big12cowboys

Have notifications been sent?  I registered after Dec 15 but before the deadline so I didn't expect a confirmation that I was in the drawing, but I was curious if everybody who got a VIG pass in the drawing has been notified.

Posted by austicke big12cowboys

big12cowboys wrote:Have notifications been sent?  I registered after Dec 15 but before the deadline so I didn't expect a confirmation that I was in the drawing, but I was curious if everybody who got a VIG pass in the drawing has been notified.

Yes, a number of people have been notified over the past couple weeks. You may still have a chance if someone who was selected doesn't buy a VIG badge, but apparently the bulk of selections have already gone out.

Posted by mikeboozer

As of today everyone that received an invitation for a new VIG package has been notified. I have confirmations for all of the slots we had available for this year. It may be that some of the renewing or new VIG's do not purchase their package. If that is the case I will send out invitations for those slots to the next people on the list.

Mike Boozer 
Customer Service & Volunteer Manager 
Gen Con LLC

Posted by atlronmexico

One time dealer!!! 

Posted by moirla

Was the VIG process actually advertised anywhere?  I don't have anything in my email from Gencon indicating an email was to have been sent in Dec or January expressing interest in the program.  I could only find info on the 2017 VIG program by googling GenCon VIG.  Despite the address being "...attend/vig" there was no actual way to navigate there through the site menus. 

Once I found it there was no information detailing the process to put your name in the hat:

February 5 Noon (Eastern) - General selection for new VIGs via random selection. They will be contacted via email.
General Registration Price: $600

Very disappointed.

Posted by empj86

Is new VIG registration actually open now?  I replied to a "second contact" email on January 17th to confirm my interest, but I never heard anything beyond that.  And now I'm not seeing the option to purchase the badge.

Posted by mikeboozer empj86

empj86 wrote:
Is new VIG registration actually open now?  I replied to a "second contact" email on January 17th to confirm my interest, but I never heard anything beyond that.  And now I'm not seeing the option to purchase the badge.

The VIG program is sold out this year. All of the people who were selected via the random drawing have been contacted.

Mike Boozer
Gen Con LLC

Posted by austicke moirla

moirla wrote:Was the VIG process actually advertised anywhere?

Yes, the December 31 deadline to enter the random selection was mentioned in these official forums as well as unofficial forums like the Gen Con Indy Facebook group.

Posted by empj86 mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
empj86 wrote:

The VIG program is sold out this year. All of the people who were selected via the random drawing have been contacted.Mike Boozer
Gen Con LLC
Mike, you did contact me and told me I was selected in the lottery.  I replied to confirm that I wanted to purchase, and I never heard back.  I thought the option to purchase was going to appear today.

Posted by mikeboozer empj86

empj86 wrote:
mikeboozer wrote:
empj86 wrote:

The VIG program is sold out this year. All of the people who were selected via the random drawing have been contacted.Mike Boozer
Gen Con LLC
Mike, you did contact me and told me I was selected in the lottery.  I replied to confirm that I wanted to purchase, and I never heard back.  I thought the option to purchase was going to appear today.

Hello empj86,

Please email [email protected] I see where I emailed you, but not a response. Let's get this cleared up.

Mike Boozer
Gen Con LLC

Posted by empj86 mikeboozer

mikeboozer wrote:
empj86 wrote:
mikeboozer wrote:
empj86 wrote:

Gen Con LLC

Hello empj86,Please email [email protected] I see where I emailed you, but not a response. Let's get this cleared up.
Mike Boozer
Gen Con LLC

Thank you for your help.  I have emailed as requested.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.