What do you all do when Gen Con 2018 is so far away?
Posted by nascragman

10 days until the first Nascrag Playtest!

Posted by jlawry86 rhone1

rhone1 wrote:
What does everyone do when the next Gen Con seems so far away? 
Do you go to other gaming conventions?  If so, which one's?
I've been to Origins a few times and really liked it and have even gone to a few small local gaming conventions in my area, but nothing comes close to the experience of Gen Con.  The amount of people, the variety of things to do, the massive dealer hall, etc makes Gen Con feel like the one "can't miss" event of the year.  However, from now until late summer of 2018 my gaming life is pretty bad.  I was wondering what everyone else does?

I'm actually passing the time until Gen Con 2018 by making a few games of my own. They're still in really early stages of development, but one of them is partially-inspired by Gen Con so I might post a link to that in the forums a year from now.

I might check out Origins next year just to say that I went, but I'll definitely be attending a few video game-centric conventions to scratch my gaming itch: GDEX (http://www.thegdex.com) and PAX East (http://east.paxsite.com).

Anyone know of other video/board game conventions that are situated around the Midwest? I know there's Who's Yer Con but I'm already planning on attending that too.

Posted by rhone1

Check out: Game Hole Con and Gary Con

Posted by andrewj.rager

Haven't been there yet, but Grand Con in Grand Rapids, MI might be one to check out as well.

Posted by rutherfordr

The Winter War convention in Champaign, IL is a great little con at the end of January.

Posted by boc_mage rhone1

rhone1 wrote:
Check out: Game Hole Con and Gary Con
For True Dungeon fanatics Game Hole Con is worth the drive on its own. The excellent scenery and beer are just bonuses. Plus free parking at the convention center is very nice for attendees.

Posted by mormanstoutcask

I normally play some 5E D&D with some very close friends and family once or twice a week. My wife and I purchased Ticket to Ride: First Journey so our daughter and nephew could play with us, so that been fun. Other than that, we've been saving up for Gen Con 51. 

Posted by andrewj.rager

So if Gen 2017 was Gen Con 50, is Gen Con 2018 Gen Con's 50th Anniversary? Or are they counting Gen Con 0 and saying last year was the 50th and 50th anniversary? Please come down the rabbit hole with me Alice...

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.