Beer / Bottle swap.
1 3 5
1 3 5
Posted by lisakrich

Hi folks! My hubby and I also enjoy a good craft beer. I am from NC and we have a lot of breweries here. Like Boc_mage, I am also a big fan of the citrus/ floral notes and crispness of many of the American spring/summer style beers and some European white/ lite wheat beers.  I also avoid beers and styles that tend to be hop heavy. Not sure about Wed night. We are staying in the Westin.

Posted by brotherbock arcus

arcus wrote:
My buddy and I found Scotties about 6 years ago during the Con and really thought we found a hidden gem as they actively welcomed attendees and catered some of their activities toward us, like dressing up and playing movies instead of just sports. About four years ago, I think a new manager took over and he is and avid gamer. He really got the place to go the whole nine yards for Gencon. Unfortunately, I think it had a negative effect as the quality of the service took a hard hit during the Con.  I'm not saying they do not try, but I don't think they encounter this volume of people regularly and often look lost, at least behind the bar anyway. The food has been meh for quite a few years now as well. I worked in the industry for a number of years, six as a bartender, so I can be more understanding than maybe the average customer, but it also means it is easier to recognize some of the things that is causing the dip in quality. 

IIRC, the guy who used to be the manager at the Ram moved over to Scottys, and yeah he is a gamer. 

I don't get there much, but it was okay last time I was there. Almost got attacked by a goose. 

Posted by grtbrt

I will be coming  in from NY (just north of that downriver city -NYC). I can bring ciders and beers to trade . Just let me know what . I am looking for Ciders and sours . As well as Zombie dust  and any Kuhnhenn 4th D .
Kevin

Posted by rodoubleb

Just picked up 2 cases of Zombie Dust just in case it goes dry over the next month or so.  It's been known to happen.  

Roughly counted about twelve people who have posted here.  How many people are showing interest in this on the facebook?  

I have a pretty suite room lined up downtown with a generous amount of square feet, and  I may be willing to host a trade session on Wednesday night.  A few groups coming and going would not be a big deal.  If there's a huge group of people I would definitely be thinking about a lobby or empty conference room. 

Posted by jaysirignano rodoubleb

rodoubleb wrote:
Just picked up 2 cases of Zombie Dust just in case it goes dry over the next month or so.  It's been known to happen.  
Roughly counted about twelve people who have posted here.  How many people are showing interest in this on the facebook?  
I have a pretty suite room lined up downtown with a generous amount of square feet, and  I may be willing to host a trade session on Wednesday night.  A few groups coming and going would not be a big deal.  If there's a huge group of people I would definitely be thinking about a lobby or empty conference room. 

I am definitely interested. Facebook group doesn't have a ton of info being exchanged as of yet. The group is there to communicate the final location. We are staying 15 minutes outside of the convention so it's not ideal for us to host it. Appreciate the space offer and will consider taking up your offer if everyone else is cool with it and can ensure they are on their best behavior. Is there a DM function on the forums to communicate location? Don't want to make it a huge group either. Also a refresher you into IPA's I'm assuming? Saw a lot of people into stouts and sours.

Posted by rodoubleb

Yep.  IPAs and APAs are my main interest. 

Posted by david campbell

I'd be interesting; coming from Buffalo NY, and I'll be in town Wednesday night-not sure what locally might interest folks though. Big Ditch, Resurgence, Ellicottville, Flying Bison, Hamburg Brewery are just a few of the good local ones. 12 Gates and 42 North are newer. Lots of local ciders as well...

Posted by loofrin

Hey all!

I live in Indianapolis, the brewery scene here is red hot and gets hotter every month. You're all familiar with Sun King and maybe the Ram (since they do Gen Con themed beers). There are roughly 15 breweries, three distilleries, and one meadery (there may be a second by the time Gen Con rolls around). 

If you you'd like suggestions or just to take a brewery tour (there is a bike share program here in Indy that makes it easy to get from brewery to brewery). Let me know and I'd be happy to help out and, maybe, just maybe, lead "an expedition" aka "bike brewery tour"

Posted by loofrin lisakrich

lisakrich wrote:
Hi folks! My hubby and I also enjoy a good craft beer. I am from NC and we have a lot of breweries here. Like Boc_mage, I am also a big fan of the citrus/ floral notes and crispness of many of the American spring/summer style beers and some European white/ lite wheat beers.  I also avoid beers and styles that tend to be hop heavy. Not sure about Wed night. We are staying in the Westin.
hey, feel free to contact me at loofrin AT sbcglobal Dot net

i'd be more than willing to give you folks a brewery tour of indianapolis.

Posted by boc_mage loofrin

loofrin wrote:
Hey all!
I live in Indianapolis, the brewery scene here is red hot and gets hotter every month. You're all familiar with Sun King and maybe the Ram (since they do Gen Con themed beers). There are roughly 15 breweries, three distilleries, and one meadery (there may be a second by the time Gen Con rolls around). 
If you you'd like suggestions or just to take a brewery tour (there is a bike share program here in Indy that makes it easy to get from brewery to brewery). Let me know and I'd be happy to help out and, maybe, just maybe, lead "an expedition" aka "bike brewery tour"

Where is the meadery located at? I'm usually scheduled to the Nth degree from Wed night on but i always try to make time to find someplace new to eat/drink at (usually Sunday as the con winds down). I stay till Mon so i usually end up drinking on Sun more than Sat anymore.

Posted by rodoubleb

Any one have access to The Alchemist -  Heady Topper, out of Vermont?
http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/27039/16814/

Posted by jaysirignano

I may have a contact where I can get some. I am asking him via messenger. If not I know my friend is bringing some sip of sunshine to swap. Sip is very good. I personally like it better than heady.

Posted by lisakrich loofrin

loofrin wrote:
lisakrich wrote:
hey, feel free to contact me at loofrin AT sbcglobal Dot neti'd be more than willing to give you folks a brewery tour of indianapolis.
Thanks for the invite, not sure how much time we would have for this plus there are four of us :) current schedule is pretty busy!

Posted by doombunny

I might potentially be interested in this. I'm from Wisconsin and many of our local breweries don't sell outside the state as far as i know. I know New Glarus doesn't and I don't think Capital, Milwaukee, or Wisconsin Brewing do either. I think Ale Asylum does but I'm not sure. I'm personally a big fan of New Glarus, but I would love to try some things from other states. I could bring a few of my favorites to trade if no one has any special requests.

Posted by brotherbock doombunny

doombunny wrote:
I might potentially be interested in this. I'm from Wisconsin and many of our local breweries don't sell outside the state as far as i know. I know New Glarus doesn't and I don't think Capital, Milwaukee, or Wisconsin Brewing do either. I think Ale Asylum does but I'm not sure. I'm personally a big fan of New Glarus, but I would love to try some things from other states. I could bring a few of my favorites to trade if no one has any special requests.

I've gotten ahold of Spotted Cow in Iowa before. <ninja>

Posted by doombunny

Hmmm... From a store or a bar? New Glarus does not sell outside the state and if you got a favorite bar or liquor store that manages to get a hold of it then best to keep it on the down low for them because they actually can get in trouble for that. that being said. I love Spotted Cow.

Posted by brotherbock doombunny

doombunny wrote:
Hmmm... From a store or a bar? New Glarus does not sell outside the state and if you got a favorite bar or liquor store that manages to get a hold of it then best to keep it on the down low for them because they actually can get in trouble for that. that being said. I love Spotted Cow.

Yeah, there have been raids in new York, I understand. 

Posted by loofrin rodoubleb

rodoubleb wrote:
Wednesday evening seems ideal for a swap.
I'm not worried about Sun King's exclusive sales rights, but less sure the police would be friendly with open glass containers outside.   Otherwise there should be no issue with adults of legal age possessing and/or trading beverages.   
You can have open containers in Indy. 

Posted by rodoubleb

No shit.  I never would have guessed.

Posted by brotherbock loofrin

loofrin wrote:
rodoubleb wrote:
Wednesday evening seems ideal for a swap.
I'm not worried about Sun King's exclusive sales rights, but less sure the police would be friendly with open glass containers outside.   Otherwise there should be no issue with adults of legal age possessing and/or trading beverages.   
You can have open containers in Indy. 

Glass? That's surprising. 

Sign in to write a new post. New Post
1 3 5
1 3 5