My annual updated list of Gen Con Survival Tips
Posted by bpardoe870

Enjoy!
Gen Con Survival

Posted by quarex

Oh hey, I just read your 2018 list a few months back, so I remember you and am glad to see what you came up with this year!  Haha.

I believe the price of a single slice of convention center pizza is now $6,000; might want to correct that.

It is always nice to read something written by an actual writer; look at these sentences!  Short, yet informational!  Wow!  And even a borderline pedant such as myself cannot really think of any necessary alterations!  !!!

Posted by funny-shaped dice

#25:  Wear something other than a black tee shirt.  At Gen Con, black tee shirts are like camouflaged ghillie suit for snipers.  Everyone is wearing a black tee shirt.  Someone someday will earn a PhD studying why gamers are drawn to black tee shirts.  

Vendors need to offer more color options. I dont know that we are drawn to black t-shirts as much as it is that vendors default to black tshirts and dont offer a lot of color variety.

I'm always on the lookout for gamer shirts I'd like that are not in black and the overwhelming majority of time, the shirt, funny quote, image I want is only offered on a black tshirt.

Black will sell...it will sell enough that they dont have to offer other colors so they dont.

Posted by fethbone funny-shaped dice

funny-shaped dice wrote:
#25:  Wear something other than a black tee shirt.  At Gen Con, black tee shirts are like camouflaged ghillie suit for snipers.  Everyone is wearing a black tee shirt.  Someone someday will earn a PhD studying why gamers are drawn to black tee shirts.  

Vendors need to offer more color options. I dont know that we are drawn to black t-shirts as much as it is that vendors default to black tshirts and dont offer a lot of color variety.I'm always on the lookout for gamer shirts I'd like that are not in black and the overwhelming majority of time, the shirt, funny quote, image I want is only offered on a black tshirt.
Black will sell...it will sell enough that they dont have to offer other colors so they dont.

Black hides the sweat patches best!

Posted by cmegus

From August 2018 : GQ Magazine:

“A great black tee is every stylish guy’s sneaky-flattering secret weapon.

If plain white tees are the Pete Sampras of the menswear world—well-rounded, even-mannered, a preeminent champion—then black tees are Andre Agassi. They’re sexier, sleeker, more direct. You wear a white tee because it’s easy and goes with everything; you pull on a black one when you want to feel good.

They give off Danny Zuko-y bad boy vibes with a leather jacket, bring an assassin-like precision to a black or navy suit, and just generally look smart and modern on their own. You are never underdressed in a black T-shirt.”

G

Posted by quarex

Never...underdressed...in a black t-shirt.  That may be the most amazingly wrong statement you could possibly make.  Well.  Anywhere but the Gen-Con Forums I suppose.  Haha :) (yes I recognize you are quoting from GQ though that is still hilarious)

My spouse and I have had many a fascinating discussion about black clothes, and our consensus is that we are both uhh what is the term, "soft autumns" or something and should expunge black from our wardrobes to the best of our abilities.  And yes, it feels like I have bought about 50% of all non-black shirts offered for sale at Gen-Con at this point.

...But you still end up with black shirts; I am wearing a Pillars of Eternity 2 Kickstarter Backer black shirt at this very moment.  What can you do?

Posted by rutherfordr

Pillars of Eternity 2 is a good game -- it was lots of fun sailing around the ocean.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.