Gamehole Con - Anyone go?
Posted by rhone1

My group is registered to go to Gamehole Con this November.  It will be out first time going.  Has anyone else gone?  Did you have fun?  Worth going to?  Anything of note that you can share about it?

Posted by dylanstarks

I went for the first time last year and really enjoyed it! A lot smaller but they still have True Dungeon and a lot of games to play. The electronic ticket system made finding and getting into games easy. Get there early for good parking. A few food trucks but we went downtown for better food options. Have fun!

Posted by rong

Fantastic convention! Well organized and run with loads of guests. As an RPGer (mainly) I'd be hard pressed to choose a better con.

Posted by boc_mage rong

rong wrote:
Fantastic convention! Well organized and run with loads of guests. As an RPGer (mainly) I'd be hard pressed to choose a better con.

Agreed, also one of the few cons that WoTC actually supports with people and product.

I went 2 years ago due to True Dungeon and a F*** it why not mentality. By the end of that 1st show my carpool mates and I knew we'd be back. It really is a nice and well run con for those who want to game and not just do demo's or peruse a dealerhall. If looking for the new hotness to take home is your thing then yes i'd skip Game Hole Con.

Note that while hotels are close there is only 1 attached hotel. There are 3 that are walking distance but realistically plan on driving in every day. Parking is decent and not an issue like Indy.

Aside from some food trucks plan on eating on way in or way out of convention center. The food trucks are awesome, just sucks that there is nothing resembling a walkable bar/restaurant for those inclined.

Lots of good options in the 10-15min drive as convention center is really 1 causeway across from main part of the capital city. 

Waiting on events but so far looking forward to this being my 3rd year going. 

Posted by aj_27

Universal Horizons attends GameHole Con every year as a local publisher on entrepreneur's row! They are great people to work with and definitely a gamer's con. So much to see and do! We highly recommend it!

Also Check out CouleeCon in La Crosse, WI. This is another great con we attend yearly. With many hotels nearby the La Crosse Convention Center.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.