Looking for Players!
Posted by mikehuberiscool

Lady Blackbird is on the run from an arranged marriage to Count Carlowe. She hired a smuggler skyship, The Owl, to take her from her palace on the Imperial world of Ilysium to the far reaches of the Remnants, so she could be with her once secret lover: the pirate king Uriah Flint.HOWEVER, just before reaching the halfway point of Haven, The Owl was pursued and captured by the Imperial cruiser Hand of Sorrow, under charges of flying a false flag.EVEN NOW, Lady Blackbird, her bodyguard, and the crew of The Owl are detained in the brig, while the Imperial commander runs the smuggler ship’s registry over the wireless. It’s only a matter of time before they discover the outstanding warrants and learn that The Owl is owned by none other than the infamous outcast, Cyrus Vance.How will Lady Blackbird and the others escape the Hand of Sorrow? What dangers lie in their path?
Will they be able to find the secret lair of the pirate king? If they do, will Uriah Flint accept Lady Blackbird as his bride? By the time they get there, will she want him to?

Hopefully that got your attention! I'm currently looking for 2-3 players to join up for a short (likely 3-6 sessions) game of Lady Blackbird on roll20.net (https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/2520955/lady-blackbird). Lady Blackbird is an indie RPG that can be found for free here. It's about 15 pages, but if that's too long for you to read, the best way to describe it is a little bit of steampunk, and a little bit of startrek, star wars, and firefly all mixed up. It's more of a story driven, narrative system that puts a lot of control into the player's hands. Don't worry if you don't have any experience with the system/game, because the other players don't have any either and the PCs are pre-generated.

You'd be sitting down with an established group of 5 players that have been playing together on roll20 for about 4 years. Two of the players have had life come up and are no longer to play pretend with the rest of us. We're a pretty laid back group of guys with ages ranging from about 25-35. As the post says, we play Thursdays from 8-11 est. Depending on how the game goes, if you're interested, and if you jive well with us, this might turn into a more long term game with a different system/GM within the group. All three of us that are left have GMed over the years, in numerous different game systems (from main steam to off the wall). 

If you're interested or have any questions, send me a PM or post a reply and tell me a little about yourself, including but not limited to, your name or what you like to be called, your location, your time zone, a bit about your role play experience, and anything else you want to let me know.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Posted by robertboyle

[This post has been removed]

Posted by aaronr

Necroing a 2 year old thread to spam? Interesting tactic.

Posted by roderick

...and they're gone.

Roderick Robertson
Forum Coordinator 
Gen Con, LLC. 

New Post Sign in to write a new post.