Vegan Meetup.
Posted by daringdragoon

Would anyone be interested in doing a vegan/vegetarian meetup during the convention? I am available all day Wednesday and random times throughout the convention.  

Posted by daringdragoon

Bump. 

Posted by roundtop

edit: [Removed]

Posted by daringdragoon

I think your comment is unnecessary. We would talk about a number of topics like Gen Con while making new friends. Being vegan does not mean I try to convert anyone.  I simply asked if anyone would like to meetup and should not be criticized for that. Please be respectful of others on the forums. Gen Con is a place for a variety of interests and lifestyles. Don't make assumptions and learn to be kinder with your words. 

Have a great day, roundtop!

Posted by onelittlemoment

I have no interest in a vegan meetup (no offense) but I adore your screen name. :)

Posted by daringdragoon

No problem at all. 

My screen name is from a Bruce Campbell show called Jack of All Trades. The main character is Jack Stiles, an American spy, who assumes the identity of the Daring Dragoon to stop French expansion. 

Posted by yariv

I'd be. Not in town till Thursday noon though, but I'd be happy to meet at some point during the con. Happycow lists one vegan restaurant in Indianapolis, so, maybe check that out. :-)

Posted by onelittlemoment

Oh, I recognized the reference, hence the love. :)

Posted by daringdragoon yariv

yariv wrote:
I'd be. Not in town till Thursday noon though, but I'd be happy to meet at some point during the con. Happycow lists one vegan restaurant in Indianapolis, so, maybe check that out. :-)
I have been to Three Carrots numerous times. I love it. I am available Thursday afternoon and evening. 

Posted by daringdragoon onelittlemoment

onelittlemoment wrote:
I loved watching it as a child and purchased the DVD collection. :)

Posted by citizenluke

This is my first GenCon as a vegan! (though hardly my first GenCon) I'd love to do a meetup!

I went vegan 8 months ago, am down 35 lbs, feel AMAZING (I'm 48 and feel 25), and am no longer supporting the animal agriculture industry (and its pollution and cruelty problems).

Unfortunately though (fortunately) I got into a ton of awesome games and have pretty limited availability during the Con. Like Thursday I've got events 8-12, 1-5 and 6-9.

Saturday night after 7 would work for me.
If other people picked another time I would attend if I happened to find myself available (due to a missing Gamemaster, TPK, or other calamity).

Posted by daringdragoon

Awesome and congratulations!  Let's do this. I'm available most of Wednesday and Thursday. Like I said I love Three Carrots. We should plan to meet there. It is located at the City Market a quick walk from the convention center. 

Posted by yariv

I'm only coming in Thursday, around noon, so I'm not sure I'd have time then. Lunch Friday or Saturday would be great for me.

Posted by daringdragoon

I am not available Saturday. I'm booked solid from 10:00 AM to midnight. An early or late lunch and dinner before 7:00 PM will work on Friday. Breakfast any day works for me. :) 

Posted by onelittlemoment daringdragoon

daringdragoon wrote:
onelittlemoment wrote:
I loved watching it as a child and purchased the DVD collection. :)

I must be a bit older than you then. I was in high school when I adored that show. 
My first 'internet haunt' was the old official USA Jack of All Trades forums.
Bruce Campbell was my gateway drug.

Posted by daringdragoon onelittlemoment

onelittlemoment wrote:I must be a bit older than you then. I was in high school when I adored that show. 
My first 'internet haunt' was the old official USA Jack of All Trades forums.
Bruce Campbell was my gateway drug.

I was in my pre-teens then so you many not be much older than me. I loved watching Bruce Campbell in Xena as well. 

Posted by hauntedcity yariv

[/forums/17-travel-housing-and-dining-2016/topics/1428-vegan-meetup?page=1#14418ined][/url]Hi everybody, I made this post last year in this sub, lemme know if it's against any rules or anything. It's usually pretty well received so I'd figure I'd post again for the uninitiated: If ya'll are hungry and want vegetarian/vegan food during Gen Con, I work at an entirely vegan restaurant called Three Carrotslocated inside the Indianapolis City Market (222 E Market Street). Check us out on Twitter, Instagram, Yelp, Happy Cow, and probably some other social media things I'm forgetting. We will be having some Gen Con themed specials and offering a 10% discount if you show your Gen Con badge at the counter like the previous two years. If you haven't been to us since last year, we have doubled in size since last Gen Con, taking up the empty booth next to ours. Most notably we hired a baker who kicks ass and we now offer an expanded selection of vegan baked goods. We do breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Hours this week are 8AM-6PM on Tuesday, and 8AM-8PM Wed-Sat. Closed Sunday. Tomlinson Tap (the bar upstairs at the City Market) will be hosting some Gen Con related events on Friday and Saturday, and as such we may stay open an extra hour or two after 8PM if people are still eating. Our friends at Bee Coffee located right by the convention center (and I believe is open 24 hours a day during Gen Con) will be offering a limited number of our salads/wraps each day as well if you can't quite make the walk to the City Market. I myself attend Gen Con so unfortunately I will not get to meet any of ya'll at the restaurant but perhaps we will end up playing a game together!

I found this on reddit from Three Carrots.

Posted by daringdragoon

Thanks, hauntedcity. I eat there religiously. 

Posted by citizenluke

Thanks, hauntedcity. That does sound amazing. I will try to get there if I have the time. The Bee Coffee tip may be especially handy for me.

Alas, I think because of my schedule and since I'm going with my son and am already committed to dinner on Wednesday night with a group of friends, I may not be able to commit to anything this GenCon. I'm sorry, daringdragon. I know I would enjoy a meetup if my schedule wasn't already so packed.  I love your idea!  And if others do agree on a time and I find myself available I will come.

Peace and love and high initiative to you guys.

Posted by daringdragoon citizenluke

citizenluke wrote:
Thanks, hauntedcity. That does sound amazing. I will try to get there if I have the time. The Bee Coffee tip may be especially handy for me.
Alas, I think because of my schedule and since I'm going with my son and am already committed to dinner on Wednesday night with a group of friends, I may not be able to commit to anything this GenCon. I'm sorry, daringdragon. I know I would enjoy a meetup if my schedule wasn't already so packed.  I love your idea!  And if others do agree on a time and I find myself available I will come.
Peace and love and high initiative to you guys.

I hope you have a great time with your son, citizenluke. If you have anytime available through out the convention just post here and I will see what I am doing. 

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.