If you bought tickets to True Dungeon you might want to
Posted by jedibcg

head on over to True Dungeon Forum and look for your group.  http://www.truedungeon.com/forum?view=category&catid=591  I recommend searching for the event id TDAXXXXXX, though searching for day and time should work as well.

Though obviously not a requirement of playing, it can greatly save you some time and grief by finding your fellow players in the time slot you have.  You may be able to sort out difficult of play, character choices and see if anyone has tokens to help you with your build.  You might even learn some clues about the adventure(s) you are about to partake in.

See you in the dungeon.

Posted by jmlawson

Definitely a big plus if you can identify and communicate with your team members beforehand.  And the forums contain a wealth of information. 

Posted by kochanski

Yes, and if you are new to TD you may get help from vets on your team in the way of tokens if you let them know what you want to play. Better equipment is always a plus. I always carry extra stuff with me to help out new players but there are limits to the amount of extra tokens I will carry around, the suckers are heavy.

Posted by bushmaster

I tried to register on the True Dungeon forms but I never received the confirmation email and have not heard back from their webmaster.

Hope they will respond to me tomorrow as I have never played and very interested in see what it is all about.

Posted by kochanski bushmaster

bushmaster wrote:
I tried to register on the True Dungeon forms but I never received the confirmation email and have not heard back from their webmaster.
Hope they will respond to me tomorrow as I have never played and very interested in see what it is all about.
Do you know which runs you have registered for?

Posted by bushmaster

Yes I do.  TDA1695486 (Into the Deeperdark (combat-oriented) on Sat at 09:12 AM)

Posted by jedibcg

Well I don't know anything about why you are not able to get on the forums.  I would recommend checking spam/junk folders because you never know.

I have to ask are you just it is Saturday 9:12AM though, because I see a full group of folks on the forum claiming to have tickets for that....unless you are Bill Krenson 2.  Maybe one of them has it wrong but can you double check?

Posted by bushmaster

I took that information directly off my Transactions page.  And No, I am not Bill Krenson 2.

I will have a ticket so I will expect to be playing at that time.

I did check my junk folder after a little bit but nothing is there.  I did send the webmaster a message but still have not heard back.  And there is no way to request to have the confirmation email resent.  Not really sure why they have their forums so tightly locked up.

I guess I could try to register using a different email.

You do you me a little concerned now.

Posted by jedibcg

Yeah I haven't heard of anyone have trouble getting on the forums before.  If your alternate email doesn't work, let us know and we will see if we can poke someone on the forums to look into it.

If you are able to get on, I will check out this thread.
http://www.truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=580&id=222396
I gave them the heads up to double check that they do have all 10 tickets.

Posted by jedibcg

Ohhh nevermind that was for Last year's run on Saturday at 9:12AM.  I wasn't looking at the date.  It actually looks like no one yet on the forums has reported having tickets for the run.

Posted by k_dog64

I gave up trying to use the TD Forums years ago.  None of my accounts work on the site.  Everytime I try to reset my password, it says there is no account tied to that e-mail address.  Everytime I try to create a new account using the same e-mail addresses, it says there is already an account tied to that e-mail.  Sent numerous requests to the webmasters, never received a response to any of them.  Wasn't worth the effort anymore to try.

Posted by jedibcg

The system was upgraded either early this year or late last year I don't remember.  If you are interested it might be worth one more try.

Posted by boc_mage

It was this winter we had the system upgrade. I had to have webmaster unlock my account as well. I know there's been some issues, especially with volunteers not getting access to the hidden subforums. If nothing else i'd ping one of the general emails for TD as they can then forward it to relevant party. 

Shameless self plug: Looking for who has other tickets to TDA1696009 Beholder combat, Sat 9:50. I've got 2 tickets and know of 1 forumite, other 7 are unknown currently. 

Posted by bushmaster

Ok the alternate email worked.  Thanks for your help.

Posted by bpunkert jmlawson

jmlawson wrote:
Definitely a big plus if you can identify and communicate with your team members beforehand.  And the forums contain a wealth of information. 

This. I feel so much better about my tentatively chosen character now and am finally starting to actually get excited about something at Gencon.

I was getting kind of worried. It's an expensive event to be two weeks out from and feel this meh.

Then again, my life has been a DC47 stress check the last month or two. For reasons. Been too busy bailing to boat to worry about the destination.

But the guild boards are an enormous resource for n00bs. Thanks!

Posted by jedibcg

I am still looking for the people that bought tickets to:
TDA1696044 Behold Her Majesty (puzzle) Thu 10:51AM
TDA1695394 Deeperdark (combat) Thursday at 6:48 PM
TDA1696500 True Grind Friday 11AM

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.