Credit for Generic tickets
Posted by gerrygren

If i purchase the max number of generic tickets (200) can any one in my group use them? and if by the end of Gen Con we do not use all the generic tickets can they be issued credit towards next year? thanks 

Posted by truelink

I'm not sure about the first part. I believe generics have your name on them, but I'm not sure if anyone actually checks.

As for return credit: at the end of the con, the original owner can turn in your generics for 95% credit towards purchases towards the next con (badge, events, more generics). Also, you can always purchase generics during the con. So you don't necessarily have to front-load everything now.

Posted by rbree

Any one can use generics... no matter who's name is on them but they can only be returned / have credit claimed by the person whose name is on them.  Also the line for returning them can get pretty long and they must be returned by the end of the show.

Posted by austicke truelink

truelink wrote:As for return credit: at the end of the con, the original owner can turn in your generics for 80% credit towards purchases towards the next con (badge, events, more generics).

Returns are charged a 5% administrative fee, not 20%.

Posted by aklevah

I really would NOT buy 200 generic tickets ($400 worth) up front.  I do not know how big a group you have, but using that many seems to be really problematic.  Plus you can get generics on site, so make the people in you group get their own.  What possible events do you think you are going to try and generic in to that you need $400 worth of tickets?

Posted by truelink austicke

Oh wow. I was way off! Probably best to not listen to me.

Posted by alans aklevah

aklevah wrote:
I really would NOT buy 200 generic tickets ($400 worth) up front.  I do not know how big a group you have, but using that many seems to be really problematic.  Plus you can get generics on site, so make the people in you group get their own.  What possible events do you think you are going to try and generic in to that you need $400 worth of tickets?
Probably MtG, or trying to buy into TD runs...

Posted by jhefner

Is there a way I can get credit from the Generics I purchased this year, but did not use, towards next year now? 

Posted by marimaccadmin jhefner

jhefner wrote:
Is there a way I can get credit from the Generics I purchased this year, but did not use, towards next year now? 

Unfortunately not, those had to be returned before the show ended.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.