One More Day
Posted by rutherfordr

When I leave Gen Con on Sunday, I always want to have one more day for gaming.

I really wish the convention would start on Wednesday, and go for five days instead of four.

Posted by rhone1

I think there are a lot of people that would agree with you.

I'd also love to see Gen Con take another shot at a 2nd Gen Con again.

Posted by lore seeker

Eh, I think four days is about right for GenCon. They say "always leave them wanting more," and I think four days accomplishes that pretty well.

Plus, one of the stumbling blocks I've heard about as far as extending the convention's duration is whether the vendors can afford another day. And I imagine the cost of another night at a hotel might make make some attendees not look well on the idea.

Posted by cpspalding rhone1

rhone1 wrote:

I don't know how feasible this is, but I've been at it long enough that I miss the mid-sized cons that used to exist within an hour of my home.  I swear I saw more parts of Indiana and Wisconsin back in the old days and I'd love to have some kind of winter getaway weekend convention around February like they used to do way back in the day with Winter Fantasy.

Posted by daveculp

For me the con is Wed-Sunday.  Kentucky Fried gamers runs games at The Ram and Scotty's on Wednesday.  There are official free games on Wednesday.  Wednesday night it is the food trucks and the band.

However, I do echo your sentiments,  I wouldn't mind "The best five days in gaming".

Posted by helenbb

It's a 5 day con for us. I go to Trade Day on Wednesday and my family games with KFG. Then we go to the Stink on Wednesday night, and my husband plays a NSDM game. So Wednesday is a full day, if that's what you want.

Posted by britbrit

As much as I love Gen con, I start Wednesday and leave Sunday. If anymore days were added I'd probably die from exhaustion, lol. 

Posted by alukeman cpspalding

cpspalding wrote:
rhone1 wrote:

I don't know how feasible this is, but I've been at it long enough that I miss the mid-sized cons that used to exist within an hour of my home.  I swear I saw more parts of Indiana and Wisconsin back in the old days and I'd love to have some kind of winter getaway weekend convention around February like they used to do way back in the day with Winter Fantasy.
We went to Gary Con (early March)  this year, and it was AMAZING.  Definitely making that our regular midyear con in addition to our local con (Winter War in Champaign-Urbana in January) and Gen Con.

Posted by daveculp britbrit

britbrit wrote:
As much as I love Gen con, I start Wednesday and leave Sunday. If anymore days were added I'd probably die from exhaustion, lol. 

I always say that I am never happy that Gen Con is over, but at the same time my mind and body cant take much more of it!

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.