Will call line duration
Posted by catsclaw

Just a warning, the will call line is about twice as long as I've ever seen it. Budget at least 90 minutes for it, currently. It runs outside.

Posted by blackjac

wow, that's long. I got there about 11:30/11:45 and it was back to exhibit hall B and moved really fast when they opened at Noon. I think we spent maybe 45 minutes - 1 hour in line, Maybe that long.

Posted by milamberr

Anyone know how late will call is open tonight or when it starts up in the morning? 

Posted by jedikitty

It's 24 hours until Sunday afternoon

Posted by tdb

We got there about 7:10pm.  The line was almost to the West Street entrance.  We had our badges in 38 minutes. 

Big shout out to the volunteers at Will Call, they did a fantastic job of keeping the line moving!

Posted by utherpend

I brought two people in to buy tickets over at the new registration line on Saturday and they were finished long before the people at the back of the line of the Will Call were even halfway to the OFFICIAL line to get to the booths.  Add in that the had them SPREAD across the isle that the rest of the con traffic flow was using so they continuously kept stopping people trying to get thru as if the Will Call people had some sort of Priority.  Those of us who showed up Friday and Early are not at fault for the lines being so long nor for bad line management. SLOPPY, really sloppy.

Posted by elvinlord

Will call line has been pretty long for past couple of years if you show up at primetimes expect a wait.  I got into line 8:00 Thursday in and out no problems.  They do a good job keeping traffic flow moving, expect some delays. Over all this was the best run one I have experienced in 12 years of attending

Posted by soulcatcher78

We were a little later than normal getting into the line on Wednesday (about 3PM) and started down around hall B.  We finished and were on our way in less than an hour.

With the increase of people doing Will Call each year we've considered just shipping but honestly not having to worry about losing (we have that mail carrier) or being home (fed ex is pretty random about either signatures or just leaving things on our front steps) we can hang our in line a bit and meet new people each year.

Posted by tigarth

I got in late wednesday and decided to wait till thursday morning to pick up my will call tickets and at 730 thursday morning there was no line got in and out in less than five minutes 

Posted by garhkal

I got in around 3.20 (ish) wednesday and after parking, checking into my hotel room and such, got into the willcall line around 4pm.  The line was all the way outside the door over by the A hall (right opposite the ball park).  Started my stop watch, and we moved VERY fast for the line being THAT long.  Took just over 48 minutes to get to the counter..

Posted by trace_sl

90 minute line, was in around 6PM Wednesday and the line looked as long or longer for some time after that

Posted by maijstral2 tdb

tdb wrote:
We got there about 7:10pm.  The line was almost to the West Street entrance.  We had our badges in 38 minutes. 
Big shout out to the volunteers at Will Call, they did a fantastic job of keeping the line moving!
This too, almost like we were at the same spot in line, I got there around 7-7:30 Weds and the line was all the way to the West Street Entrance. Pulled out my Tablet and started playing games couldn't have been more than half an hour till I was at the front. For its size that line was moving quickly, I was stuck in a traffic jam outside of Terre Haute for about 40 minutes on my way to Gencon and believe me moving about 5 miles on the highway in about 40 minutes was waaaaaaay less fun than the will call line.

Posted by garhkal maijstral2

bobvilla wrote:
tdb wrote:
This too, almost like we were at the same spot in line, I got there around 7-7:30 Weds and the line was all the way to the West Street Entrance. Pulled out my Tablet and started playing games couldn't have been more than half an hour till I was at the front. For its size that line was moving quickly, I was stuck in a traffic jam outside of Terre Haute for about 40 minutes on my way to Gencon and believe me moving about 5 miles on the highway in about 40 minutes was waaaaaaay less fun than the will call line.

Guess i was lucky.  I hit NO road works/jam spots driving INTO gencon.  how ever driving back to Columbus, i hit one humdinger of a roadwork spot on I-70 east bound..   Added almost 35 min to my trip home..  GRRR>

Posted by maijstral2 garhkal

garhkal wrote:
bobvilla wrote:
tdb wrote:

Guess i was lucky.  I hit NO road works/jam spots driving INTO gencon.  how ever driving back to Columbus, i hit one humdinger of a roadwork spot on I-70 east bound..   Added almost 35 min to my trip home..  GRRR>
I was lucky as well, after the traffic jam maybe 5-10 miles down the road on the other side of the highway(separated by a 25 foot grassy ditch) was a massive 18 wheeler wreck debris everywhere the engine of the truck was just gone a black patch where it was supposed to be . Dozens of emergency vehicles and tow trucks traffic was stopped and backed up for miles. Even 10 or so miles later I saw a couple of police cars acting as pace cars leading a huge pile of traffic at maybe 15-20 miles per hour in the direction of the accident. It put my 40 odd minutes of wait into perspective. 

Posted by brotherbock

We have a group of friends that usually only gets together for Gencon. We used the Wed will call line time, maybe half hour, fourty minutes around 4pm, to talk and catch up. Wasnt bad at all. Certainly no death defying hallway crossings through traffic. Those of us who had the foresight to get there Wednesday-early had it pretty easy :) 

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.