Do you need help running events at Gen Con?
Posted by toxic_rat

Hello!

I'm Mike, the Event Organizer for a group of independent GM's.  Our group is called the Conspiracy of Gamers.  If you are considering running events this year, we'd love to have you in our group.  I take care of the event submission details, so you can concentrate on your event prep work.  We run events in RPG, board and card games, and even some miniatures games.  Every event type is welcome.  If you're interested, send me a message.  

We also have a cool logo.  :D

Mike
Conspiracy of Gamers EO

Posted by gmtryggvi toxic_rat

toxic_rat wrote:
Hello!
I'm Mike, the Event Organizer for a group of independent GM's.  Our group is called the Conspiracy of Gamers.  If you are considering running events this year, we'd love to have you in our group.  I take care of the event submission details, so you can concentrate on your event prep work.  We run events in RPG, board and card games, and even some miniatures games.  Every event type is welcome.  If you're interested, send me a message.  
Mike
Conspiracy of Gamers EO
Never hosted a game at GenCon before but thinking of bringing my family this year. Been DMing AD&D Games since the age of 10 in the early 80s. 

Currently running a local library group here in Michigan and a few online games via Roll20. Thinking about attending GenCon with a few of my gaming friends and running a few games!

I don't see much information on here about submitting to run games so I appreciate that you've offered to do some of the grunt work for us newbies ;)

Posted by toxic_rat gmtryggvi

gmtryggvi wrote:
toxic_rat wrote:
Hello!
Mike
Conspiracy of Gamers EO
Never hosted a game at GenCon before but thinking of bringing my family this year. Been DMing AD&D Games since the age of 10 in the early 80s. Currently running a local library group here in Michigan and a few online games via Roll20. Thinking about attending GenCon with a few of my gaming friends and running a few games!
I don't see much information on here about submitting to run games so I appreciate that you've offered to do some of the grunt work for us newbies ;)

We'd love to have you on board.  I sent you a message via the message system, and we can work out details from there.

Posted by ndgeekboy

Hi Mike.

I'm still on the fence about running a playtest of a boardgame or two at Gen Con this year and I'd definitely need help with the registering et al, but there's one thing I'm wondering about: Will the Conspiracy be going the paper-ticket route, e-tickets, just whichever way the GM would want?

Thanks and take it easy.

Posted by toxic_rat ndgeekboy

ndgeekboy wrote:
Hi Mike.
I'm still on the fence about running a playtest of a boardgame or two at Gen Con this year and I'd definitely need help with the registering et al, but there's one thing I'm wondering about: Will the Conspiracy be going the paper-ticket route, e-tickets, just whichever way the GM would want?
Thanks and take it easy.

It's up to the GM.  Personally, I prefer e-tickets for my events, but the majority of our GM's still use the paper ticket method.

Posted by ndgeekboy toxic_rat

toxic_rat wrote:
ndgeekboy wrote:
Hi Mike.
Thanks and take it easy.

It's up to the GM.  Personally, I prefer e-tickets for my events, but the majority of our GM's still use the paper ticket method.

Okay, thanks. Food for thought.

Posted by ndgeekboy

Hi again Mike

Is there a deadline for submitting events to you? 

Thanks and take it easy.

Posted by conspiracyofgamers ndgeekboy

ndgeekboy wrote:
Hi again Mike
Thanks and take it easy.
The deadline for Gen Con is 3/11/23.  I would prefer to get information back to me by 3/9/23, just in case we need to clarify details.  This is toxic_rat, btw;  I'm replying with the Conspiracy login. :)

Posted by ndgeekboy conspiracyofgamers

conspiracyofgamers wrote:
ndgeekboy wrote:
Hi again Mike
Thanks and take it easy.
The deadline for Gen Con is 3/11/23.  I would prefer to get information back to me by 3/9/23, just in case we need to clarify details.  This is toxic_rat, btw;  I'm replying with the Conspiracy login. :)

Ugh. I think I'm going to have to pass for this year. Just way too many edits to do now. Thanks anyway though.

Posted by conspiracyofgamers ndgeekboy

ndgeekboy wrote:
ndgeekboy wrote:
Hi again Mike
Thanks and take it easy.

Ugh. I think I'm going to have to pass for this year. Just way too many edits to do now. Thanks anyway though.
Fair enough.  Although, you don't need a completely finished event at this point.   I'm assuming it's something like an RPG or something similar.  You do need to know a description, number of players, and event duration though.

Of course, there's always next year.  :)  

Mike

ndgeekboy wrote:
ndgeekboy wrote:
Hi again Mike
Thanks and take it easy.

Fair enough.  Although, you don't need a completely finished event at this point.   I'm assuming it's something like an RPG or something similar.  You do need to know a description, number of players, and event duration though.Of course, there's always next year.  :)  
Mike

True that. And it's actually a board game. 

Y'know, what the hey. Let's go for it.

How do I get the info to you? And do you think I should change my handle to "Waffleboy"?

Posted by conspiracyofgamers

Only if you bring maple syrup.  :D

Shoot me an email to ConspiracyOfGamers 'at' gmail.

Only if you bring maple syrup.  :D
Shoot me an email to ConspiracyOfGamers 'at' gmail.

Email sent

Posted by conspiracyofgamers

Got it.  Welcome aboard!

Posted by e4mafia

I have completely brain farted on the idea of running games for someone else. I normally run everything I do under Games on Demand, who won't be present. DUH. Thank you for posting this topic!!!

Posted by conspiracyofgamers e4mafia

e4mafia wrote:
I have completely brain farted on the idea of running games for someone else. I normally run everything I do under Games on Demand, who won't be present. DUH. Thank you for posting this topic!!!
We are past the submission deadline, but we could try to get events in on the late submission, if you are still interested in running something.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.