Booked for 2018
Normal
Small
Posted by robocop1940

Booked a king room at the Conrad for July 31st to August 6th at $249.00 per night. Pretty solid rate and location as far as downtown goes. If something better comes up in next years block I can always cancel. Heads up for those who plan ahead.

Normal
Small
Posted by it can be fun to run away

I'm honestly impressed that you were able to book this far in advance.

Normal
Small
Posted by xcoconutmonkey06x

Usually, most hotels will accept reservations up to a year in advance. Since GC is earlier next year than it is this year, he *just barely* fits into that window. Still, I commend your dedication and pro-activeness! 

Normal
Small
Posted by stiehle

Thanks for the heads-up!  With that generous cancellation policy I did the same thing.  Conrad is a very nice hotel too!  Not connected (alas...), but a very short walk.

Normal
Small
Posted by valkyre

I am a TA and looking at rates for next year.  I can get a Conrad room or a room at Le Meridian.  If anyone is interested.  Around the same price as rooms in block

Normal
Small
Posted by bushmaster robocop1940

robocop1940 wrote:Booked a king room at the Conrad for July 31st to August 6th at $249.00 per night. Pretty solid rate and location as far as downtown goes. If something better comes up in next years block I can always cancel. Heads up for those who plan ahead.
I went ahead and book a room as well just in case.

Normal
Small
Posted by mstabosz robocop1940

robocop1940 wrote:
Booked a king room at the Conrad for July 31st to August 6th at $249.00 per night. Pretty solid rate and location as far as downtown goes. If something better comes up in next years block I can always cancel. Heads up for those who plan ahead.
They already announced dates for next year's convention?

I was wondering what rates would be if you booked really far in advance.

Normal
Small
Posted by andrewj.rager mstabosz

mstabosz wrote:
robocop1940 wrote:
They already announced dates for next year's convention?I was wondering what rates would be if you booked really far in advance.
Dates through 2020 are announced.

Normal
Small
Posted by valkyre

It's 2021 and beyond that are not yet known to the masses.

Normal
Small
Posted by angelhelly robocop1940

robocop1940 wrote:
I booked that room on August 1st for $239 a night. I also have a room booked on points at the Hyatt at the airport. Both fully refundable. Depending on my budget next year, I'll have options.
Conrad is awesome. We stayed there before.

Normal
Small
Posted by mstabosz

Man... I love planning ahead that I almost want to book a relatively cheap hotel room.... and I don't even need one since I'm a local.

Normal
Small
Posted by father bloodlust robocop1940

robocop1940 wrote:

Is it refundable?

Normal
Small
Posted by bithlord it can be fun to run away

it can be fun to run away wrote:
I'm honestly impressed that you were able to book this far in advance.

It's less than a year away!  :).

I also have a room booked for 2018.

Normal
Small
Posted by bithlord angelhelly

angelhelly wrote:
robocop1940 wrote:
I booked that room on August 1st for $239 a night. I also have a room booked on points at the Hyatt at the airport. Both fully refundable. Depending on my budget next year, I'll have options.
Conrad is awesome. We stayed there before.

just hoping it doesn't pull the same shenanigans that (Hilton?) the one hotel last year did and allow reservations, then cancel them all.

Normal
Small
Posted by divachelle

Yeesh. The valet parking is $47/day?

Normal
Small
Posted by shyeyes19

I too booked this for my group! I know next year will be easier, but I wanted to be ahead of the game and at least have a backup in case we don't get anything we like later or in the block. Booked two double rooms in the hopes that our group of 6 will grow to 8 next year!

Normal
Small
Posted by rutherfordr

Me too. Hope they don't cancel everything when they realize that it's next year's GenCon weekend.

Normal
Small
Posted by jcirillo1971

Just booked a two double bed room at the Conrad today as well.  Makes for a great 'insurance policy' depending how next year's hotel lottery goes.

Normal
Small
Posted by stiehle divachelle

divachelle wrote:
Yeesh. The valet parking is $47/day?

Yeah, I might try to get a Parkwhiz spot near the hotel if I wind up driving from VA to the convention.  Or if I fly in I'll just take an Uber to the hotel like I'm doing this year.

Normal
Small
Posted by bushmaster father bloodlust

father bloodlust wrote:
robocop1940 wrote:Booked a king room at the Conrad for July 31st to August 6th at $249.00 per night. Pretty solid rate and location as far as downtown goes. If something better comes up in next years block I can always cancel. Heads up for those who plan ahead.

Is it refundable?
Since they don't charge anything upfront, there is nothing to refunded.  It can be cancaled up to a day before arrival.

Sign in to write a new post. New Post
1 3 4 5