Dungeons & Dragons Movie (New)
Posted by gib_rebeg

Yep, looks like it's happening.

Hasbro has officially handed production rights for an upcoming D&D movie off to Paramount Pictures and an official release date of July 23, 2021 has been set.

Earlier in the year Joe Manganiello who was helping with co-writing the script said this.

“Obviously, there’s a spectacle. There’s dragons breathing fire and lightning, But what makes a great superhero or fantasy movie is the human aspect. It’s got to be about something. We root for those characters in Game of Thrones. Fellowship of the Ring was about friendship, this undying love for your friends. That’s something everyone can identify with.”

----------------

Joe Manganiello then on his twitter feed, decided to give one more hint at the direction they would like the movie to take.

Posted by gib_rebeg

Chris McKay, who recently directed “The Lego Batman Movie” pic for Warner Bros., is in negotiations to direct “Dungeons & Dragons” for Paramount Pictures.Michael Gillio will be penning the script. Hasbro’s Brian Goldner and Stephen Davis are producing.The pic will be one of the first projects to go into production for the newly created AllSpark Pictures. Launched last October, production company aims to transform itself into an industry player to rival Marvel Studios.
------------------------------

No official word yet, but an earlier release date is expected as Hasbro is moving the D&D movie to the front of the line.

Posted by lordnlkon

I really hope it's good. Not a great track record however with D&D movies.

Posted by roundtop

Will it be in their gi Joe / transformers / mask universe? :)

I'm sure raistlin could use bumblebee as a smooth talking partner as he trains as a Joe under Matt tracker. 

Heh.  Im sorry I don't have high hopes for this. I saw the d&d movie in theaters on opening night... was amused at the multiclass thief / fighter that was the main character 

Posted by gib_rebeg roundtop

roundtop wrote:
Will it be in their gi Joe / transformers / mask universe? :)
I'm sure raistlin could use bumblebee as a smooth talking partner as he trains as a Joe under Matt tracker. 
Heh.  Im sorry I don't have high hopes for this. I saw the d&d movie in theaters on opening night... was amused at the multiclass thief / fighter that was the main character 

GI Joe is being rebooted. March 27, 2020

Transformers is being rebooted.
https://www.polygon.com/2018/2/16/17021028/transformers-reboot-cinematic-universe-michael-bay

Mask is in the dead category.

This Dungeons and Dragons movie just got put ahead of many of the other movies by them. It looks like the studio is looking to make their name with this movie and wants to be a serious contender to Marvel with this movie.

Posted by noahoscar986

[This post has been removed]

Posted by buffythecatslayer noahoscar986

[This post has been removed]

New Post Sign in to write a new post.